Over 600 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees are available from Liberty University, a non-profit private institution.
It is an evangelical Christian university located in Central Virginia. This indicates that the school’s code of conduct differs from secular ones. For instance, it is prohibited to consume media on campus that goes against traditional Christian values. You can’t drink or smoke on campus either.
To determine if Liberty University is the best option for someone looking to further their education, we will examine its offer in this article. Additionally, we’ll examine how employers view these degrees.
Liberty University Online Admissions
These 5 easy steps must be followed in order to enroll in Liberty University.
- Submit Your Admission Application
- Submit Your Admission Documents
- Start the Financial Aid Process
- Enroll in Your First Courses
- Complete Financial Check-In
Liberty University Online Admission Requirements
- Within the first 12 credit hours, submit a High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts. *.
- Through our online portal or a printable form, you can complete the High School Self-Certification form. For students who have already received an associate degree, this form will not be required.
Why Liberty University is bad?
Being a Christian institution, Liberty University can be characterized as a conservative university. Regardless of their religious beliefs, they adhere to a number of laws and rules.
Numerous conservative schools highlight strict prerequisites. Sometimes the students are required to adhere to religious principles, which may include dress codes and various social restraints. If these characteristics don’t align with your own faith, you might feel alienated and cut off from the local community.
Essentially, strict affiliation schools frequently include requirements for religious philosophy, heavenly things, and Bible research in their center projects. Some degree seekers believe that taking these required classes makes them less focused on their majors. Moderate schools may also prevent students from being exposed to a diverse student body and opposing viewpoints, which is one of the main reasons some people choose to attend school.
- Best College Campuses in American #4 of 1,419
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #5 of 854
- Best Online Colleges in America #5 of 326
- Best Colleges for Criminal Justice in America #6 of 666
- Best College Dorms in America #15 of 1,392
- Best College Food in America #19 of 1,392
- Best Colleges for Religious Studies in America #19 of 384
- Best Colleges for Information Technology in America #22 of 238
- Best Colleges for Education in America #27 of 921
- Best Colleges for Design in America #33 of 419
- Best Christian Colleges in America #33 of 364
- Best Colleges for Public Policy in America #36 of 623
- Best Colleges for Kinesiology and Physical Therapy in America #41 of 585.
- Best Colleges for Sports Management in America #42 of 435
- Best Colleges for Music in America #44 of 274
- Best Colleges for Business in America #59 of 1,223
- Best Big Colleges in America #76 of 128
- Safest College Campuses in America #85 of 1,387
- Best Colleges for Communications in America #85 of 917
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #93 of 726
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #103 of 1,612.
- Best College Athletics in America #103 of 1,422
- Best Colleges for Public Health in America #106 of 245
- Best Colleges for Psychology in America #107 of 1,100
- Best Colleges for History in America #112 of 899
- Best Colleges for Student Athletes in America #135 of 1,400
- Best Colleges for Accounting and Finance in America #152 of 814.
- Best Colleges for International Relations in America #156 of 410
- Top Private Universities in America #158 of 961
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #202 of 1,653
- Best Colleges for Political Science in America #207 of 804
- Best Colleges for Anthropology and Sociology in America #207 of 759.
- Best Test Optional Colleges in America #234 of 1,535
- Hardest Colleges to Get Into in America #240 of 1,702
- Best Colleges in America #246 of 1,652
- Best Colleges for Computer Science in America #330 of 868
- Best Colleges for Biology in America #343 of 1,079
- Best Colleges for English in America #357 of 890
- Colleges with the Best Professors in America #570 of 1,624
- Best College Locations in America #666 of 1,634
- Most Conservative Colleges in Virginia #1 of 24
- Best Christian Colleges in Virginia #1 of 14
- Best Online Colleges in Virginia #1 of 9
- Best College Campuses in Virginia #2 of 38
- Best College Dorms in Virginia #2 of 38
- Safest College Campuses in Virginia #2 of 31
- Best Colleges for Education in Virginia #2 of 17
- Best College Food in Virginia #3 of 37
- Top Private Universities in Virginia #3 of 27
- Best Colleges for Communications in Virginia #3 of 23
- Best Colleges for Nursing in Virginia #3 of 19
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Virginia #4 of 42.
- Best Big Colleges in Virginia #4 of 6
- Best College Athletics in Virginia #5 of 38
- Best Colleges for History in Virginia #5 of 30
- Best Colleges for Accounting and Finance in Virginia #5 of 18.
- Hardest Colleges to Get Into in Virginia #6 of 42
- Best Colleges for Business in Virginia #6 of 35
- Best Colleges for Psychology in Virginia #6 of 30
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Virginia #7 of 42
- Best Colleges for Student Athletes in Virginia #7 of 39
- Best Colleges in Virginia #8 of 42
- Best Test Optional Colleges in Virginia #8 of 42
- Best Colleges for Political Science in Virginia #9 of 26
- Best Colleges for Biology in Virginia #12 of 29
- Best Colleges for Computer Science in Virginia #12 of 25
- Best Colleges for English in Virginia #15 of 29
- Best College Locations in Virginia #20 of 41
- Colleges with the Best Professors in Virginia #23 of 42
Liberty University Acceptance Rate
The ranking of this university is really good. They offer online degree courses in different disciplines. They award undergraduate, graduate, and master’s degrees.
Private Liberty University offers both online and in-person courses. It is now simple for students to attend lectures anywhere and at any time. It is very difficult to get admitted to Liberty University because of the extremely low acceptance rate. The acceptance rate is only 51%.
Excellence in English and math are all that are required, and of course, the secret to success is hard work.
Undergraduates accepted to Penn typically have SAT scores between 1040 and 1260 or an ACT score between 21 and 28.
There are entrance exams for some majors that a student must pass in order to be admitted.
- SAT Range 1040-1260
- SAT Reading 530-640
- SAT Math 510-620
- Students Submitting SAT 48%
- ACT Range 21-28
- ACT English 21-30
- ACT Math 18-27
- ACT Writing No data available
- Students Submitting ACT 29%
Why is Liberty University Acceptance Rate so Low
Due to the demanding eligibility requirements that each applicant must meet, Liberty University has a relatively low acceptance rate. According to Forbes, the acceptance rate was 30% as of 2022
To be admitted, you should adhere to the following requirements.
- 3.15 -3.83 High School GPA
- 1020 – 1220 SAT (ERW and Math only) Score
- 20 – 27 ACT Composite Score
- 63 – 89 CLT Score
What is Liberty University known for?
Liberty University is renowned for having a foundation in the humanities that is Christian. Despite offering physical classes where degrees can be obtained normally, it is known for providing a variety of internet-based projects. The Business, Management, Accounting, and Engineering majors at Liberty University are the most well-known.
Applying to a human sciences school is a good idea if you need to earn a degree that will prepare you for a professional career rather than something more explicit. One model is Liberty University.
Going to a human sciences school is probably most enjoyable because you can often create your own program that fits your unique need or interest. By doing this, you will ultimately be able to obtain a degree that will highlight your strengths, enabling you to pursue the career of your wildest dreams.
Liberty University – Accreditation
Liberty University is a provincially licensed school by SACSCOC. Its accreditation is regarded as having higher value than public accreditation. Regionally certified schools offer four-year degrees. Then again, broadly licensed schools offer specialized or professional courses.
It was previously mentioned that SACSCOC is the accrediting body that granted Liberty University accreditation.
Making sure that a school or college has accreditation is unquestionably necessary when looking for places to apply is. A school can either be territorially certified or broadly licensed.
Local accreditation, generally regarded as the more prestigious of the two, is held by Liberty University and comes with a few benefits.
To begin with, more schools will accept the credits you earn from a school that has provincial authorization.
The student-teacher ratio is 17:1, which is advantageous because it allows the teacher to focus on each individual student.
The ability to access the lectures from any location at any time is available to you. If you have any questions about the material, you can speak with your teacher.
Student Life at Liberty University
With a student-teacher ratio of 17:1, Liberty University offers a very diverse student body. Classes have a 20 student enrollment rate, allowing the teachers to focus on each and every student.
This system of communication fosters positive relationships between teachers and students. Liberty University has 47,988 undergraduate students in total.
Students are free to join any of the many organizations and clubs at the college that best suit them. There are some entertaining groups, as well as some religious and political ones.
LU is a part of NCAA I in sports.
|TOTAL ENROLLMENT||LIVE ON-CAMPUS||ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION|
Liberty University offers some great opportunities to its students. Students can earn while studying because of their career-oriented syllabus. At the conclusion of the program, they could earn a sizable sum.
They give their students access to all of the best facilities in the world because they want them to grow spiritually. There is a campus security system that is operational round-the-clock. There are transportation services available late at night, there is a 24 hour vehicle patrol, etc.
Alcohol is prohibited on the college premises. The university is well known for its healthy, active, and sound students who are willing to face challenges in life.
The students can use the library and museum to help them with their research.
|Religious affiliation||Not applicable|
|Offer medical degree||No|
|Dormitory Capacity||No Campus Housing Facilities Provided|
Students can get all the facilities from this college. If they cannot attend classes, they can learn online. To further their education, they are eligible for financial aid and student loans. Students at Penn University have access to a medical facility.
Students can take part in many college-provided sports. They also grant athletic financial aid to students.
|Housing||Women-only housing, Co-ed housing, Disabled housing|
|Open Admission Policy||Yes|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$50|
|Graduate Application Fees||$50|
|Calendar System||Another academic year|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Credits for Life Experiences, Advanced Placement (AP) Credits|
|Degrees Offered||1 Year Certificate, 2 Year Certificate, Associate, Bachelor, Post-Bachelor Certificate, Master, Post-Master Certificate, Doctorate (Professional Practice)|
There are many opportunities for Liberty University students. Students are permitted to enroll in online courses while lounging in their homes. It’s no longer a problem if they can’t attend the physical classes.
|Online Class||Undergraduate, Graduate|
|ROTC||Army, NAVY, Air Force|
Liberty University – 2023 Tuition and Fees
Undergraduate and graduate students pay different tuition and fees. The tuition and fees may increase or decrease. Students receive a variety of financial aid options that are adequate to cover their university tuition and fees.
Undergraduate Tuition & Fees
The average undergraduate student’s tuition and fees for the academic year 2022–2023 are $15,460. The tuition and fee are decreased by -4. 08% as compared to the previous year. There is no set price for admission, so it may vary from time to time.
|Year||Tuition & Fees||On-Campus Room & Board, Other Expenses|
|Change % 2020-2021||-4.08%||4.30%|
Graduate Tuition and Fees
The average undergraduate student’s tuition and fees for the academic year 2022–2023 are $8,298. The tuition and fee are decreased by -4. 08% as compared to the previous year. There is no set price for admission, so it may vary from time to time.
|Year||Tuition & Fees||On-Campus Room & Board, Other Expenses|
|Change % 2020-2021||-0.61%||4.30%|
Per Credit Hour Tuition and Fees
The table given below shows the per credit hours. The students who want to take additional courses will benefit the most from this table.
|Degree Level||Year||Cost Per Credit Hour|
|Cinematography and video production||✔||No online|
|Design and visual communication||✔||No online|
|Drama and theatre production||✔||No online|
|Musical instruments||✔||No online|
|Music performance||✔||No online|
|Music theory and composition||✔||No online|
|Studio arts||✔||No online|
|Voice and opera||✔||No online|
|Parks, recreation, and leisure studies||✔||No online|
|Sports and business management||✔||Online|
|Management Science and Information systems||✔||✔||No online|
Trades and personal services
|Health Teacher Education||✔||No online|
|Physical education teaching and coaching||✔||No online|
|Community Healthcare service and counseling||✔||Online|
|Athletic training||✔||No online|
|Health Service Preparatory Studies||✔||Online|
|Kinesiology and Exercise Science||✔||Online|
|Medical Office Assistant||✔||Online|
|Mental and Social Health Services||✔||Online|
|Public Health Education||✔||Online|
|Biblical studies||✔||No online|
|Family studies and consumer science||✔||No online|
|Digital communication and multimedia||✔||No online|
|Human studies||✔||No online|
|International relations||✔||No online|
|International studies||✔||No online|
|Liberal arts and humanities||✔||No online|
|Music history and literature||✔||Online|
|Pastoral Counseling and Specialized Ministries||✔||Online|
|Social Science Research Methods||✔||No online|
|Social Work and Youth Services||✔||Online|
|Spanish Language and Literature||✔||No online|
|Theological and Ministerial Studies||✔||Online|
Science, Technology, and Math
|Biochemistry and molecular biology||✔||No online|
|Biomedical science and molecular medicine||✔||No online|
|Chemical engineering||✔||No online|
|Computer and information system security||✔||No online|
|Computer hardware engineering||✔||No online|
|Computer science||✔||No online|
|Environmental Science||✔||No online|
|Electrical engineering||✔||No online|
|Geology and earth science||✔||No online|
|Neuroscience and neurobiology||✔||No online|
|Materials engineering||✔||No online|
|Information science||✔||No online|
|Mechanical engineering||✔||No online|
|Systems engineering||✔||No online|
|Zoology and Entomology||✔||No online|
|Criminal Justice and Safety Studies||✔||Online|
|Forensic Science and Technology||✔||No online|
|Military Systems Technology||✔||No online|
|Early childhood education||✔||Online|
|Kindergarten and preschool education||✔||Online|
|Physical education teaching and coaching||✔||No online|
|Special education and teaching||✔||Online|
|Teaching English as a second language||✔||Online|
Trade and Personal Services
|Aeronautics and Aviation Technology||✔||Online|
|Aircraft Maintenance||✔||No online|
|Air Transportation||✔||No online|
|Apparel and Textile Science||✔||No online|
|Aviation Management and Operations||✔||No online|
|General Construction Trades||✔||No online|
Liberty University – Financial Aid
47% of students receive need-based financial aid depending on the family income These aids include:
- Need-based aids
- Pell grant
- Federal students loan
Students can enroll themselves in any of the grants. Additionally, they offer student loans, which are very helpful for them in their academic pursuits.
|Type of Aid||Number Receiving Aid||Percent Receiving Aid||Total Amount of Aid Received||Average Amount of Aid Received|
|Grant or Scholarship||31,809||68%||$260,051,967||$8,175|
|Federal Student Loan||25,915||55%||$195,022,895||$7,525|
Liberty University Ranking – FAQsIs Liberty University a good University?Yes, Liberty University is ranked #331 among 443 national universities. Also, it is accredited by Higher Learning Commission so there is no issue to enrolled in any of its programs. It has gained a good name in sports as well.Is a Liberty University degree respected?Yes, a degree earned from Liberty university is respected by both employers and other universities as well. Liberty University also has regional accreditation, which is more acceptable than national accreditation.Is Liberty University Liberal or conservative?The university’s honor code, called the “Liberty Way,” prohibits premarital sex, cohabitation, and alcohol use. This means that Liberty University is conservative and every student from the undergraduate program should study 3 bible courses as a compulsory subject.Are Liberty students allowed to drink?No, drinking is strictly prohibited in this university no matter whether you are 21 or above.What major is Liberty University known for?The most popular subject which most students choose our business, management, and social science.
Students can enroll in prestigious, career-oriented programs at research-based Liberty University. This university is surely life-changing for many of the students.
Although fully accredited, this university has a very low acceptance rate. Students can opt for different majors here. They award undergraduate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees.
Liberty University Quick Facts | Low Default Rate
Is Liberty University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Liberty University is 55. 5%. For every 100 applicants, 56 are admitted. This means the school is moderately selective. The school is more accommodating than other schools and still expects you to meet their GPA and SAT/ACT requirements.
Is Liberty University taken seriously?
Graduate schools and employers respect degrees earned from Liberty University. It%27s a selective school (51% acceptance rate) with conservative Christian proclivity Regional accreditation is also available to Liberty University, and it is generally regarded as being more esteemed than national accreditation.
Is Liberty University a respected college?
Liberty University 2023 Rankings Liberty University is ranked No. 207-274 in Best Education Schools. Schools are ranked based on how well they perform against a number of generally recognized indicators of excellence.
Is Liberty University a reputable school?
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges has granted Liberty University accreditation. In late 2016, the accreditation of the university for the following ten years was approved. Additional, more specialized accrediting bodies have granted accreditation to specific university programs.