UT Southwestern School of Health Professions PA Program Mission Statement
The Physician Assistant Studies Program’s goal is to be the best in the field of physician assistant education in both art and science. Encourage the provision of primary care by interprofessional teams to a population that is diverse and dynamic. Encourage our faculty, staff, students, and graduates to be leaders, to serve others, and to strive for excellence. Encourage a dedication to patient safety, evidence-based medicine, diversity and inclusion, and quality enhancement.
PA PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- Accredited Status: Continuing Accreditation
- Campus Location: Dallas, TX
- Degrees Offered: Masters
- Class Start Month: May
- Class Duration: 30 months
- Class Capacity: 60 students
- Matching academic aptitude to mission, comprehension of physician assistant role, personal interview, and personal statement are the criteria for making decisions.
- Seat Deposit: See the program website
- International Students: Accepted
- TOEFL: Required
- Resident tuition: $41,149
- Nonresident tuition: $87,629
- First-time PANCE pass rate: 100%
- Five year first-time PANCE pass rate: 100%
- Caspa Participant: Yes
- Application Deadline: September
- Supplemental Application: See the program website
- CASPA Deadline Type: Completed
- Overall GPA: 3.0
- Science GPA: 3.0
- Average Applicant GPA Accepted:
- Overall: 3.66
- Science: 3.77
- Prerequisite GPA: Minimum grade of C required for all prerequisites
- Prerequisite completion: must be completed within 10 year(s)
- Healthcare Experience Hours: Recommended
- Three recommendation letters required (view program website for evaluator requirements)
- CASPer Not Required
- For more information on CASPer click here
- PAEA PA Program Directory Link
The PA Life CASPA Application Services
If you want an essay that captures the essence of who you are while fitting within the required 5,000 character limit, then we can assist you.
We provide inexpensive, recorded online interviews with an unheard-of opportunity for self-evaluation. With our thorough mock interview package, you’ll get a 45-minute live mock video interview, feedback, and suggestions for improvement, a link to watch and replay your recorded interview as often as you’d like, as well as professional strategies and tips to make your interview day successful.
In order to address your specific questions or concerns about becoming a PA and applying to PA school, our pre-PA coaching service includes a one-hour phone consultation. Common themes addressed during these coaching sessions include:
PA Schools and Residency Programs
Everything You Need To Know About UT Southwestern’s PA Program
How hard is it to get into UT Southwestern PA program?
A required minimum cumulative and science GPA is 3. 0 on a 4. 0 scale. A “C” or higher must be earned in each of the required courses.
How do I get into Utsw PA program?
Earn a required minimum GPA of 3. 0 on a 4. 0 scale in science and overall in undergraduate course work. Complete and submit a CASPA online application. If you are an international student, you must submit your TOEFL results by September 1. Take all necessary courses by the deadline specified in the application.
What GPA do you need for UT Southwestern Medical School?
Most qualified candidates will have an MCAT score of at least 515 and a GPA of 3. 8 or higher, and prior research experience. Some qualified candidates with exceptional research backgrounds have lower MCAT scores and/or GPAs. The MCAT scores of accepted candidates range from 506 to 527, with a median score of 519.
What is a competitive GPA to get into PA school?
Some PA programs don’t list minimum GPA requirements. Of those that do, most use a 3. Although some PA schools will have lower or higher requirements, the cutoff is a 0 GPA.