There is a clear way to ensure your place at USF: If you meet the criteria for our Guaranteed Transfer Admission Program (GTAP), you will be admitted. Except for nursing and engineering, which have different requirements, this is true for all majors. International students must also meet our financial requirements and English language proficiency requirements if they intend to study in the US on a visa.
Additionally, if you apply domestically and meet the requirements for the GTAP, you will automatically be awarded a merit scholarship worth up to $17,000.
Fall and spring semesters are the times when we accept GTAP students. When you apply to USF, GTAP will be automatically considered for you.
First-year applicants who might not have been eligible for admission to USF immediately may also be invited to apply to USF through GTAP and should adhere to the instructions they receive from USF regarding the application process.
Enter a Search Term Search:
The fall 2023 application is now open. Apply by March 1 to start your USF journey.
Nearly 500 new transfer students arrive at the University of San Francisco each year. You’ll benefit most from a Jesuit liberal arts education as a transfer student and begin your career in the vibrant, diverse, and entrepreneurial city of San Francisco.
You can apply as a transfer student if:
- You have completed high school and are currently attending or have previously attended another college or university, or;
- You already hold a degree but want to earn a second bachelor’s.
In order to be considered for transfer admission, you must:
- possess a minimum of 24 semester or 36 quarter credits of college coursework from a regionally accredited institution (for nursing majors, this number is 30 semester or 45 quarter credits). If you have fewer than this, you can still apply to transfer, but your application won’t be complete until you provide a high school transcript.
- Cumulative college GPA of 2. 5 or higher (3. 0 for nursing or engineering majors).
- Be in academic and disciplinary good standing. A term GPA of 2 is required for good standing according to USF. 00 or higher in the most recent term completed.
Check out our specific nursing transfer requirements and engineering transfer requirements if you’re interested in either field.
Review the courses that will transfer to USF in advance. With more than 60 two-year colleges in California and Seattle, Washington, we have articulation agreements.
No additional paperwork or applications are required; USF automatically considers all transfer students for merit scholarships as part of the admissions process. Your transfer GPA, which is a calculated cumulative GPA of all college courses you’ve taken at the time of application, determines whether you qualify for merit scholarships.
In your admission letter, it will be noted if you are awarded a merit scholarship. We encourage domestic transfer applicants to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in addition to applying for merit scholarships. Unfortunately, applicants to USF’s Sacramento nursing program are not eligible for merit scholarships.
|GPA||Merit Scholarship Per Year|
|3.75 or higher GPA||$16,000|
|3.50 to 3.74 GPA||$14,000|
|3.20 to 3.49 GPA||$10,000|
|2.90 to 3.19 GPA||$7,000*|
*The 2. 90–3. 19 GPA merit scholarship is only offered to domestic students.
- Submit a transfer application by the transfer application deadline.
- Send transcripts from every college or university you’ve ever attended, regardless of whether you received credit for it or not. You can have your institution send official transcripts to appservices@usfca. We also accept unofficial transcripts (only in PDF format), which you can upload in your application or send by email to [email protected] or mail to: Office of Admission University of San Francisco 2130 Fulton Street San Francisco, CA 94117 edu. You only need a high school transcript if you haven’t taken more than 24 semester or 36 quarter units.
- (Domestic students only) Submit financial aid documents. You must fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a California Dream Act application (for undocumented students in California) if you want to apply for need-based financial aid. Unfortunately, financial aid is not available for international transfer students.
Check out the transferable courses and how they relate to various degrees at USF. It will be easier for you to estimate your time on campus if you use this unofficial evaluation.
International students: This tool only evaluates credit from U. S. -based institutions. Please email international@usfca for more details on transferring credits from foreign institutions. edu.
Talk to our Transfer Team
Make a transfer admission appointment to review your transcripts and determine your eligibility when you are prepared to transfer to USF. With the exception of nursing and engineering, all majors are eligible for conditional on-the-spot admission if you meet USF’s admission requirements.
Attend one of the weekly transfer information sessions to learn more about USF in general. You’ll learn about the application process.
2021 Transfer Honor Roll Selection
In recognition of our assistance to transfer students, the international transfer honor society Phi Theta Kappa named USF to its 2021 Transfer Honor Roll.
Welcome to the University of San Francisco, the institution of knowledge, compassion, and independence. Join a group that is committed to development and constructive action. Come learn to change the world from here.
Chat with a Current Student
Chat with a current USF student to ask any questions you have about the school.
HOW I GOT INTO USF WITH A SCHOLARSHIP | MY STATS | UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO
Is it easier to get into USF as a transfer?
USF accepts 62. 85% transfer applicants, which is competitive. You need to have a current GPA of at least 3 to have a chance at transferring to USF. 97 – ideally you’re GPA will be around 4. 13. In addition, you will need to submit standardized test scores. The tables below display the distribution of USF students’ SAT and ACT scores.
How hard is it to transfer to USF?
USF considers you a mid-level transfer student if you have graduated from high school and have 30-59 transferrable credits (including in-progress credits). Both a college-level math course and a college-level composition course must be passed with a grade of at least C. A 2. 50 transfer GPA is required.
Does UCSF accept transfer students?
Eligibility and Requirements You are eligible to apply as a transfer student if you meet the following criteria: You have completed high school and are currently attending or have previously attended another college or university; You have a degree and wish to pursue a second bachelor’s degree.
What GPA do you need to transfer to SFSU?
Earn an overall college GPA of at least 2 in order to meet the GPA requirement. 00 in all transferable courses (majors with a higher GPA may be required)