New UCAS data shows that some universities offer places to over 90% of those who apply %E2%80%93 but less than a fifth of Oxford applicants get an offer
Some universities are more difficult to get into than others. Places at Oxford and Cambridge are famously competitive. It becomes easier as you move down the university league tables. Or so you might think.
We’ve crunched the numbers to determine the percentage of applicants who receive offers after submitting applications to each university in the UK, demonstrating definitively which universities are the hardest to get into.
View the offer rate for each university using the list and table below. There are some surprises in there. Join Save the Student for your chance to.
Acceptance rate & Admissions
|Admissions Requirements||General Certificate of Education (GCE/GCSE) with 5 passes, including 2 at (A) Advanced level (or 4 passes including 3 at A level)|
|Academic Calendar||October to July (October – December; January-March; April-July)|
|Full time employee||1,750|
University of Reading majors
by publication & citation count
Annual publication & citation counts
The University of Reading has financial aid programs.
|Doctorate||Agriculture, Ancient Civilizations, Art History, Biological and Life Sciences, Business Administration, Business Computing, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Education, English, European Studies, Film, Finance, Fine Arts, Food Science, History, International Business, International Relations and Diplomacy, Law, Literature, Marketing, Modern Languages, Pharmacy, Philosophy, Psychology, Real Estate, Theatre|
University of Reading alumni
- Frauke Petry Born in Germany Years 1975-. (age 48) Studied chemistry at the University of Reading from 1995 to 1998. Professions: chemist, entrepreneur, choir director, politician, and organicist. Bio Frauke Petry is a German politician who served as the party chair for the Alternative for Germany (AfD) from 4 July 2015 to 29 September 2017. Political scientists have referred to Petry, a businesswoman with a background in chemistry, as a representative of the party’s national conservative wing.
- Tang Wei Born in China Years 1979-. (age 44) Tang Wei is a Chinese actress who works in film, theater, and commercials. She became well-known because of her role in Lust, Caution (2007).
- Wilfred Edward Salter Owen MC was an English poet and soldier. He was born in the United Kingdom in 1893 and lived until 1918 (at the age of 25). At the University of Reading, he studied botany. He was a prominent poet during the First World War. His war poetry, which was heavily influenced by his mentor Siegfried Sassoon and contrasted with the public’s perception of war at the time and the assuredly patriotic verse written by earlier war poets like Rupert Brooke, focused on the horrors of trenches and gas warfare. His best-known works include “Dulce et Decorum est,” “Insensibility,” “Anthem for Doomed Youth,” “Futility,” “Spring Offensive,” and “Strange Meeting”; the majority of these were released after his death.
- Jamie Cullum Born in United Kingdom Years 1979-. (age 44) Jamie Cullum is an English jazz-pop singer-songwriter and radio personality. His professions include singing, playing the drums, and radio hosting. He is primarily a vocalist and pianist, but he also plays the guitar and drums to accompany himself. He has released twenty-four singles, three live albums, three compilation albums, and eight studio albums. He has been hosting a weekly Tuesday night jazz show on BBC Radio 2 since April 2010.
|Colors||royal purple, white|
|Academic structure||Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Science Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences Henley Business School Faculty of Life Sciences|
|Affiliations and memberships||Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Universities UK|
|Address||Whiteknights Campus, PO Box 217 Reading, South East England, RG6 6AH United Kingdom|
|Phone||+44 (118) 987 5123|
|Fax||+44 (118) 931 4404|
University of Reading in Social Media
Same level universities in the United Kingdom
EduRank. A ranking of 14,131 universities from 183 countries using independent metrics is available at org. To rank universities across 246 research topics, we use a proprietary database with an index of 44,909,300 scientific publications and 1,237,541,960 citations. We include non-academic prominence and alumni popularity indicators in the overall rankings. Always check official university websites for the latest enrollment information.
College Admissions: Inside the Decision Room
Is Reading University hard to get into?
Even if you currently hold (or are expected to achieve) grades matching our typical offer, you are not guaranteed an offer of a place on a degree course at the University of Reading because entry to all courses is competitive.
Is Reading University a good University?
The University of Reading, a Top 30 UK university located in the South East of England and 25 minutes by train from central London, is ranked 27th out of 84 UK universities in the QS World University Rankings, 2021.
What is the easiest UK University to get admission?
- Coventry University.
- London Metropolitan University.
- University of Exeter.
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
- Newman University, Birmingham.
- University College Birmingham.
- University of Winchester.
- Cardiff Metropolitan University.
What grades do you need to get into Reading University?
Applications Our English language requirements for international students typically call for a total score of either 6 or 7. 5 or 7. 0 in the IELTS (depending on the programme).