The University of Nottingham, which began as Civic College, is one of Nottingham’s most esteemed and unique institutions. Since its inception, it has drawn numerous well-known figures from all over the world, including HG Wells, Albert Einstein, and Mahatma Gandhi. Additionally, this university is home to the first medical school of the 20th century, founded in 1970, as well as a nursing school, established in 1955 in place of the Mid-Trent College of Nursing. The University of Nottingham offers a wide range of courses, such as geography, pharmacy, education, training, English language, and literature. The University of Nottingham, which is the fifth-largest university in the UK, has more than 50 schools, institutes, departments, and research organizations. Continue reading if you want to learn more about The University of Nottingham’s acceptance rate, deadline for applications, and other information.
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Nottingham
The University of Nottingham is a research-focused institution, and two of its faculty members received Nobel Prizes in 2003. The majority of the Universitys research is recognized internationally; 80% of the Universitys research is considered %E2%80%9Cworld-leading%E2%80%9D
- Research at the University has been robust as well, with a research portfolio worth over 766 million GBP, making it #8 in the UK.
- The Varsity Series, a series of sporting competitions between the students and staff of the two universities, pits Nottingham Trent University against the University of Nottingham every year.
- The University of Nottingham is ranked among the top 70 universities worldwide in the QS Graduate Employability of University of Nottingham Rankings 2022 because of its close ties to international employers.
- The University Of Nottingham’s acceptance rate is only 11% .
Cost of Studying at University of Nottingham
More rankings for this university
The University of Nottingham is one of the best universities in Nottingham, United Kingdom, for accepting international students. This institution offers excellent academic programs as well as fantastic job and educational opportunities. Listed following are its top national and international rankings by a number of reputable platforms.
- As per the QS World University Rankings 2023, the University of Nottingham ranks #114 among the other 1,500 global institutions. Further, these universities are from Europe, Asia, and North America. These rankings are determined by factors including academic reputation, number of international students enrolled, employer reputation, faculty-student ratio, number of international faculty members, etc.
- As per the QS World University Ranking by Subject 2022, the University of Nottingham ranking is #116.
- The University of Nottingham Graduate Employability Ranking 2022 is #66. This ranking shows the university’s capacity to produce graduates with the soft skills necessary for the contemporary workplace.
- According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023, the University of Nottingham ranked #130 among the other 1,799 global universities to receive a rank. This ranking is done under 104 regions and countries. Additionally, the University of Nottingham Ranking is based on four main pillars: teaching, research, knowledge transfer, and international outlook.
- As per the Times Higher European Teaching Rankings 2019, the University of Nottingham ranking is #14th.
- As per the Times Higher World Reputation Ranking 2021, University of Nottingham ranking is #155-175th.
- As per Shanghai Rankings 2022, the University of Nottingham ranking is #101-150th.
- As per the US News 2022-2023, the University of Nottingham ranking is #145 in the Best Global Universities list.
- As per the US News 2022-2023, the University of Nottingham ranking is #53 in the Best Global Universities in Europe list.
- As per the US News 2022-2023, the University of Nottingham ranking is #16 in the Best Global Universities in the United Kingdom list.
Admissions at The University of Nottingham
- Register for the University of Nottingham through UCAS.
- Applicants must submit all pertinent information.
- Briefly describe your educational background.
- Include your work experience.
- Add your course preferences.
- Draft a personal statement.
- Upload your application.
- Pay the University Of Nottingham’s fee.
Note: University of Nottingham application fee: 20–25 GBP/1,999–2,498 INR for undergraduate programs on the UCAS website.
Graduate Application Portal for Postgraduate Programs (fee for University of Nottingham: 40 GBP / 3,998 INR)
For MA in Social Work, applications are made through UCAS.
Documents Required to Apply to University of Nottingham
- Academic Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Work Experience
- Current and Valid Passport
- Letters of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency
Exams Accepted By the University
Students are advised to carefully read the admission requirements for various University of Nottingham courses in order to prepare for the application process:
Courses Exams B. E. / B. Tech IELTS: 6. 0-6. 5 PTE: 55. 0-62. 0 MS IELTS: 6. 0-7. 0 PTE: 55. 0-62. 0 BBA IELTS: 6. 5-7. 0 PTE: 62. 0-67. 0 SAT: Accepted MBA/PGDM IELTS: 7. 0 & Above PTE: 76. 0 & Above B. Sc. IELTS: 6. 0-6. 5 PTE: 55. 0-62. 0 M. A. IELTS: 6. 5-7. 0 MIM IELTS: 6. 5-7. 0 PTE: 62. 0 & Above MBBS IELTS: 7. 5 & Above PTE: 76. 0 & Above M. Arch IELTS: 6. 5 & Above M. Pharma IELTS: 7. 0 & Above PTE: 67. 0 & Above .
English Proficiency Requirements
The following scores on English proficiency exams are necessary for admission to the University of Nottingham:
Tests Minimum Score Requirement IELTS (Academic) 6. 0 (with a minimum of 5. Pearson Test of English (PTE) (Academic) 65 (with a minimum of 59 in every element) TOEFL (iBT) 79 (with a minimum of 17 in writing and listening, 18 in reading, and 20 in speaking)
Know universities that fit you best!
Give us a look at your profile, preferred courses, strengths, and weaknesses, and we’ll immediately find universities that are a perfect fit for you!
Courses Find the updated list of courses available in this university
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
3 days ago University of Nottingham
Hello, has anyone applied for the msc AI program at Nottingham Trent University? For 2023 spet intake.
2 months ago Nottingham trent University jan 2023
Hello, can anyone DM me with the Nottingham Trend University CAS letter from two months ago?
3 months ago If you’re attending the University of Nottingham in September 2023, reach out to me.
Campus locations Nottingham
Queens Medical Center, University Park, and Kings Meadow Campus are stops along the direct tram route that runs from the campus to Nottingham train station and the city center. A public bus service runs between Nottingham’s city center and the university campuses. For both students and staff, there is a free intercampus bus service (Orange Line 34 bus). Students at universities have access to a variety of public transportation options, including the Trent Barton buses, CT4N, and Robin Hood Network.
Services offered by the university
- The National College of Leadership in Schools and Children’s Service, School of Education and Computer Science, and Business School at Nottingham University are all located on the Jubilee Campus.
- The Sutton Bonington Campus is home to the Biosciences and Veterinary Medicine schools.
- Manuscripts and Special Collections, which are not a part of the teaching program, are housed on the Kings Meadow Campus.
- The University of Nottingham’s Health Sciences, Life Sciences, and Medicine students use Medical School. The building also houses labs, the Greenfield Medical Library, and a Clinical Skills Center.
Eight campuses make up the University of Nottingham, including ones in Malaysia and China. Additionally, its primary campus in the United Kingdom is the University Park Campus. Besides its main campus, it has the following campuses:
- The Royal Derby Hospital and Nottingham City Hospital are available to students pursuing a medical degree as university hospitals.
- On the University of Nottingham campus, the Student Union coordinates student activities and is affiliated with over 190 clubs and societies. 76 clubs have also joined the Student Unions Sports Committee.
- All 10 of the University of Nottingham’s libraries, both in the UK and abroad, give users access to hundreds of e-books, e-journals, and databases.
- Students have access to two student theaters, 70 sports clubs, and a wide range of other entertainment options.
As part of the University of Nottingham accommodations, there are 13 self-catered residence halls on the University Park campus and two on the Jubilee campus, respectively. In addition, there are five catered residence halls, including Melton and Cloister Hall, which are reserved only for graduates. Students attending the Royal Derby Hospital Medical School and the Lincoln Medical School have access to additional housing options.
- There is a bed, a wardrobe, a mirror, a desk, shelves, study furniture, a cabinet, a chair, a toilet, a shower, and a washbasin in the room.
- Wi-Fi, bike storage, round-the-clock security, laundry, a common area with a fridge and freezer, a seating area, and free television are among the amenities.
- Before making a choice about where to live, consider the available housing options.
- Make sure to submit your University of Nottingham accommodation application.
- Obtain a Nottingham ID number.
- Select your preferred type of accommodation, room, and price.
- The typical weekly rent for dorms on campuses is 150 GBP (14,974 INR).
Note: Students with special needs or disabilities are assured access to rooms with accessibility features when staying in accommodations provided by universities. Additionally, the University provides information about private housing.
The university is made up of a number of schools and departments divided into five faculties: science, engineering, medicine, and the arts. Around 7,000 academics work at the University of Nottingham, including 2,800 full-time researchers.
Research opportunities at university
The University’s research opportunities take into account the interests and strengths of each research group, in line with its Research Divisions. Students who enroll in the university will be advised by academic staff members who are leaders in their fields and conduct internationally recognized research. A variety of funded and self-funded postgraduate research opportunities in the life sciences are also offered by them.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The Nottingham Internship Scheme (NIS) provides internship opportunities at Nottingham University. Students can choose from the following:
Easter break is when NIS’s spring internships, which last ten days, are scheduled. Candidates must fulfill eligibility requirements, which will be described when the application process begins in February.
Beginning in June 2022, NIS will offer eight-week summer internships. The interns will receive at least the National Living Wage.
Placement – Companies and average salaries offered
Excellent career support is provided to University of Nottingham students and graduates, including job placement opportunities and business support after graduation. The University sponsors a variety of career fairs throughout the academic year, including those tailored to particular industries. Additionally, over 1,500 employers list open positions at universities online, including graduate jobs and internships. Graduates with a Master’s in Management are eligible for the highest average salary, which is 90,000 GBP annually.
1. How challenging is it to enroll at the University of Nottingham? In general, there are not many strict admissions requirements. If you pass the required exams (IELTS, GMAT, etc.), it is fairly simple to be admitted to the University of Nottingham courses of your choice. ) and have outstanding accomplishments at prior levels of education.
2. How many undergraduate courses at the University of Nottingham can you apply for? Students may use UCAS to apply for a maximum of three undergraduate courses at the University of Nottingham. Students may apply for up to two courses when applying for PG admissions.
3. Is it possible to apply for scholarships at the University of Nottingham? Yes, the University of Nottingham provides a number of scholarships to international students, for a cost of living of at least 4,000 GBP to cover all of their educational costs.
4. Is providing references required when applying for admission to Nottingham University? Yes, references are a crucial component of an application for the purposes of assessment. By doing this, the review committee can assess the applicants’ transferrable skills more effectively.
5. Does the University of Nottingham have a minimum GPA requirement for admission? Normally, the minimum GPA requirement is at least 3. 2 out of 4. 0 or a minimum letter grade of B on an alphabetical scale.
Need Help! Get a FREE Profile
Consultation by our experts Email Phone No.
Want to discuss your goals?
Our experts are here to make it happen.
YOCKET TOOLS & SERVICES
Want to discuss your goals?
Our experts are here to make it happen.
University of Nottingham
Is University of Nottingham difficult to get into?
You must have a GPA between 3. 5 to 3. 96 students were admitted to the undergraduate and graduate programs at The University of Nottingham. There are also additional prerequisites for admission to The University of Nottingham.
Is University of Nottingham prestigious?
We consistently rank among the top 100 universities in the QS world rankings. We are a founding member of the international Universitas 21 network and a member of the elite Russell Group of leading universities in the UK.
What GPA do you need to get into University of Nottingham?
The majority of University of Nottingham’s programs require applicants to have a minimum GPA of 3. 0 on a 4. 0 scale (83-86%).
Is University of Nottingham a good University?
The University of Nottingham features in the top 1% of universities in the world and appears in the top 20 in all major UK university league tables The University’s high teaching standards have earned it a Gold rating from the Teaching Excellence Framework.