One of the top universities in the UK dedicated to fair and equal access to higher education is the University of Leicester (LE), a public research institution. LE has received a bronze Athena SWAN award for her dedication to advancing gender equality in the scientific community. It is regarded as one of the top universities in the UK for upholding standards of international excellence through the provision of excellent, inspirational instruction and the production of life-improving research.
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Leicester
The university has received recognition from all over the world for its genetic fingerprinting research.
The university has specialized research institutes, such as the institute for precision medicine, the institute for cultural and media economics, the institute for advanced studies, the institute for structural and chemical biology, and the institute for space and earth observation.
- The university is one of the top 20 in the nation. K. for maintaining international excellence standards. The college of social sciences is housed in the 18-story Attenborough Towers on the university’s campus, which has also undergone extensive renovation.
- Through various site visits and workshops, the University educates its students. The university implements development initiatives to foster students’ lack of proficiency with advancing technologies. Campus redevelopment for the University of Leicester is costing 300 million GBP (INR 28,48,75,86,675).
- Indian students who begin a postgraduate or undergraduate degree at the University of Leicester may be eligible for some scholarships worth up to 2000 GBP (INR 1,89,917). The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, the Fulbright Scholarship, the Aviva Scholarship, the Chevening Scholarship, and the BUDI Scholarship (Indonesia) are just a few of the outside scholarships offered by the university.
Cost of Studying at University of Leicester
- Every applicant may submit an application via UCAS (University and Colleges Admissions Services).
- Add course choices and universities.
- Add the required education and other details.
- Upload LORs, Personal Statement etc.
- Review and sign the declaration.
- Pay the University of Leicester fees
- Submit your application.
Note: The application fee for the University of Leicester is GBP 20 (INR 1,899).
Documents Required to Apply to University of Leicester
The University of Leicester requires the following documentation from all international students: The requirements for admission vary depending on the department.
- Certificates and official transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Passport Details
- English Proficiency Test
- Letter of Recommendations
Exams Accepted By the University
For admission, certain University of Leicester requirements must be met:
English Proficiency Requirements
The following scores on the English Proficiency Test are required for admission to the University of Leicester:
English Proficiency Test
Know universities that fit you best!
Give us a look at your profile, preferred courses, strengths, and weaknesses, and we’ll immediately find universities that are a perfect fit for you!
Courses Find the updated list of courses available in this university
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
an hour ago University shortlist Ielts 7 8. 99 GPA in BTech CSE, 5 personal projects, 1 international research project, and 1 published paper
Hello, guys! Please advise me on how to get accepted to prestigious universities (with scholarships, if possible). Also which Unis.
2 hours ago Pennsylvania State University
2 hours ago SOP-LOR Writing Service
2 hours ago University of Texas at Arlington
Number of campuses the university has 1
Campus locations Leicester
On the university’s campus, a number of transportation options are available, including trains, bicycles, and buses. The students can travel by foot from their campus to the university.
Services offered by the university
- There are athletic facilities, cafeterias, parks, auditoriums, and fitness centers on the university’s bustling campus. The University’s athletic and cultural clubs make sure that students from all disciplines participate in sports, festivals, concerts, fairs, and exhibitions.
- Victoria Park, Wyggeston, and Queen Elizabeth I College, the university’s main campus, is a mile south of the city’s center. On campus, there are numerous cutting-edge facilities, such as an electron microscope, a genomics core facility, an advanced imaging facility, libraries, and laboratories.
- Three prominent, towering structures from the 1960s—the Department of Engineering, the Charles Wilson Building, and the Attenborough Tower—mark the university’s skyline.
- LUST (Leicester University Student Television), Leicester Student Magazine, and Galaxy Radio are three of the student organizations at the university that produce media.
- The university has more than 200 societies that participate in activities like campaigning, national and cultural activism, political debate, and community service.
- The University’s Leicester City Football Club is well-known and has a long history of championship-winning squads.
The university boasts cutting-edge labs, art studios, and computing centers, among other facilities that support top-notch educational systems.
The student-faculty ratio is 14:1. The University has approximately 1,705 academic staff. Eminent experts from their respective fields give lectures at the University of Leicester campus about current business trends.
University Endowments Value 3565000
Research opportunities at university
The University has a vibrant, robust, and inside research environment. Space power and artificial intelligence, human health, heritage and culture, and social justice, including Earth and environment, are its top five research strengths.
- Space power and AI
The space research of the University has no limits. The University offers a range of research opportunities, including those in satellites, earth observation, robotics, AI, and investigating new technologies.
The university’s research assists in enhancing the quality of life for patients with everything from diabetes and cancer to racial health.
- Earth and environment
To improve the world, researchers tackle issues like environmental health, climate change, deforestation, and many others.
- Heritage and culture
In order to understand how society is shaped, researchers look at global events, literary masters, and the arts.
Researchers from all over the world work on intelligence, equality, community cohesion, and justice.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The university offers a variety of opportunities for students to gain practical experience in the working world. These internships increase the employability rate of the students.
- Summer internship scheme
The university offers a fully funded summer internship program to aid students in improving their chances of finding employment.
Placement – Companies and average salaries offered
95% of the graduates of the University get employed within six months of graduating The university’s career development service ensures that graduates receive the support they need to land a better job. The average salary of a graduate is 79,000GBP(INR 74,99,289).
1. According to Times Higher Education’s University of Leicester Ranking, the university is ranked 23rd in the United Kingdom.
2. What grade must you have in English, mathematics, and any other required subjects in order to apply to the University of Leicester? A grade of C is the absolute minimum.
3. Is it difficult to get into Leicester University? No, the university admits the majority of qualified applicants. To be chosen for acceptance into the University, all necessary documentation must be submitted.
4. Is the University of Leicester a good place to study? You should consider attending the University of Leicester to pursue your preferred program. The University hosts Europes greatest academic Space Research Centre.
5. How much does it cost to attend the University of Leicester? The average cost of attendance is 15,290 GBP (or 14,51,917 INR).
Need Help! Get a FREE Profile
Consultation by our experts Email Phone No.
Want to discuss your goals?
Our experts are here to make it happen.
YOCKET TOOLS & SERVICES
Want to discuss your goals?
Our experts are here to make it happen.
University of Leicester – Year in review 2022
Is it hard to get into University of Leicester?
Admissions to the University of Leicester for the class of 2022: With a 71 percent acceptance rate 2%, it is one of the moderately selective universities in the UK
Is University of Leicester a good University?
The University of Leicester has a 4 overall rating and is ranked 163 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. The best place to learn how students rate their study and living experiences at universities around the world is Studyportals, which has student reviews with an average rating of 3 stars.
Which UK University is easiest to get into?
- Coventry University.
- London Metropolitan University.
- University of Exeter.
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
- Newman University, Birmingham.
- University College Birmingham.
- University of Winchester.
- Cardiff Metropolitan University.
Which UK University has highest acceptance?
- University of Roehampton – 93.9% …
- Bishop Grosseteste University – 92.2% …
- University of Portsmouth – 89.9% …
- York St John University – 89.4% …
- Leeds Trinity University – 89% …
- Nottingham Trent University – 88.9% …
- Newman University, Birmingham – 88.7% …
- University of Exeter – 88.7%