University of Florida admissions is most selective with an acceptance rate of 30% A score of 29 to 33 on the ACT or a SAT score between 1300 and 1470 is required for admission to the University of Florida. However, 25% of accepted applicants received ratings that were above these ranges, and 25% received ratings that were below these ranges. The University of Florida has a March 1 application deadline and a $30 application fee.
The University of Florida considers a student’s GPA to be a very significant academic factor. When available, a student’s high school class rank is taken into account by University of Florida admissions officials; however, letters of recommendation are not. Learn more about College Compass to see additional academic factors along with other school data.
Students applying to U Florida may also find the following blogs to be of interest:
How to Get Into:
Let’s start by looking at the most recent admissions information.
University of Florida Acceptance Rate – Class of 2026
Although the University of Florida has not yet disclosed its official acceptance rates for the Class of 2026, we do know that they received about 65,000 applications in total. Based on that total, we would estimate that this year%E2%80%99s acceptance rate may be as low as 23%
The Gator Class of 2025 received 52,513 applications for admission. Only 15,220 or 29% of that group were accepted. It is crucial to remember that applying to this university if you don’t live in Florida is much harder. In-state students were accepted at a 54% clip for the Class of 2024 That same cycle, those from out-of-state only gained acceptance at a rate of 22%
University of Florida Admissions – SAT, GPA, and Class Rank
For Class of 2025 members, the mid-50% SAT range for admitted freshmen was 1330-1470, the ACT range was 30-34, and the weighted GPA range was 4 4-4. 6. Among enrolled first-year students, an impressive 81% hailed from the top 10%, while 98% earned a place in the top 25% The average GPA for an admitted freshman was 4. 51. Mean SAT scores were 1392 and mean ACT scores were 31.
Admissions Trends & Notes
- In the year 2000, the acceptance rate was 63%, more than double today%E2%80%99s acceptance rate
- Seven years ago, the mid-50% SAT range was 1170-1350, meaning that the 75th percentile score then was lower than the mean score for an admitted member of the Gator Class of 2025
- 90% of each of the last two admitted freshman cohorts participated in community service in high school
- The overall acceptance rate for the Class of 2025 (29%) was identical to the rate for the Class of 2024
- The University of Florida, in contrast to the vast majority of prestigious institutions, did not implement a temporary test-optional policy during the pandemic and continues to require test scores.
How University of Florida Rates Applicants
In total, the University of Florida views seven aspects of the admissions process as “very important”: the difficulty of the high school curriculum, GPA, essays, extracurricular activities, talent or ability, character or personal qualities, and volunteer work. Standardized test scores, first-generation status, and work experience are factors that are “important” in the admissions process. Class rank, place of residence (Florida residents have an advantage), alumni connections, and level of demonstrated interest are all “considered” factors.
Straight from the UF admissions office:
- “Few students are admitted purely on academic merit. Although the likelihood of academic success is the main factor, UF’s thorough holistic application review also takes into account personal statements, academic honors, extracurricular activities, family background, and local community. ”.
- “All information in the applicant’s file, both academic and extracurricular, is taken into account in relation to the number and quality of applicants.” ”.
It’s important to note that athletes who are recruited have a significant advantage. This is due to the University of Florida’s enthusiasm for its 21 NCAA Division I teams that compete in the prestigious SEC. Overall, more than 600 student-athletes are presently attending the university. Check out our previous blog post, How Many Extracurricular Activities Do I Need for College?, for tips on how to stand out on the extracurricular front.
University of Florida Demographics
Let’s look at the demographics of the undergraduate student body:
The following nations are where there are the most international students:
- China: 43%
- India: 3%
- Brazil: 4%
- Canada: 2%
- South Korea: 3%
- Mexico: 2%
In terms of ethnic identity, the breakdown is as follows:
- Caucasian/White: 51%
- Asian American: 10%
- Hispanic: 23%
- African American: 6%
- Two or more races: 4%
According to the gender ratio, women enroll in universities at a much higher rate than men do:
Given that they make up just 44% of the population, one might assume that men would be at an advantage in the admissions process at UF, but that would be incorrect In actuality, women are generally accepted at a higher rate than men.
University of Florida’s yield rate is 42%. This figure is comparable to other powerhouse state universities like the University of Michigan (47%), UVA (41%), and UCLA (44%)
Tips for Applying to University of Florida
If you intend to be one of the 65,000 applicants to the University of Florida for the upcoming admissions cycle, you should be aware of the following:
- First off, interviews are not used in the University of Florida’s evaluation procedure.
- The University of Florida does take into account “demonstrated interest,” so you will be evaluated on whether you visited the campus or spoke with an admissions officer, among other things.
- Additionally, allot additional time to complete the Student Self-Reported Academic Record (SSAR) that the University of Florida requires. This is essentially a self-reported transcript for grades 9-11.
- Future Gators can submit an application using the Coalition Application or the Common Application.
- Official ACT and SAT score reports are required by the University of Florida. Many other schools will let you self-report.
- Last but not least, be sure to devote enough time and energy to the brief essay that the University of Florida requires. In the 2021-22 cycle, it was as follows:
2021-2022 Important Question
Give more information about your high school’s most significant extracurricular involvement, and explain why it was significant. This may be connected to an extracurricular activity, employment, volunteer work, academic pursuit, family obligation, or any other activity that takes place outside of the classroom. (250 Word Limit).
Advice for UF essays from College Transitions can be found at: University of Florida Prompt and Tips
Should I Apply to the University of Florida?
Those with test scores within the mid-50% mark for the University of Florida and mostly A%E2%80%99s are viable candidates However, if you are a Florida resident, getting accepted will be much easier than it would be if you were applying from out of the country or another state. If you are not from the Sunshine State, you will need to submit test results that are higher. It goes without saying that every teen applying to a university of the caliber of the University of Florida must also have a suitable mixture of “target” and “safety” schools on their college list. You can learn more about how to make a balanced college list here.
How To Get into the University of Florida in 2022! (What UF Doesn’t Tell You!)
How hard is it to get into University of Florida from out-of-state?
The acceptance rate at University of Florida is 38. 8%. For every 100 applicants, 39 are admitted. This means the school is very selective. You have a good chance of being admitted if you meet University of Florida’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application requirements.
What percentage of University of Florida students are from out-of-state?
University of Florida Demographics Let%27s look at the demographics of the undergraduate student body: Florida: 88% Out-of-State/International: 12%
Can I get into UF with a 1400 SAT?
Strong academic performance is essential to increasing your chances of admission as this school is quite selective. You’ll have an excellent chance of admission if you can achieve an SAT score of 1440 or higher. However, getting accepted will be a difficult uphill battle if your SAT score is 1280 or lower.
What GPA is required for UF?
Must have a minimum 2. 0 overall GPA and a minimum 2. GPA of zero at the previous college or university, as determined by UF Before enrolling at UF, you must complete or plan to complete certain prerequisites for your intended major.