University of Colorado Boulder Transfer and Admissions Information


Search Enter the terms you wish to search for.

Find out how we evaluate transfer applications, how we handle college course credit, and which prerequisites you must have finished or be working on at the time of application.

There is no minimal number of transferable credits needed at CU Boulder. As a result, transfer applicants will only be considered for admission if one of two things occurs:

  • If you have 24 or more credits after high school, the admissions committee will pay close attention to your college academic performance. The admissions application process necessitates the submission of your high school transcript.
  • Your college academic record, high school record, or results from a high school equivalency exam will be evaluated for admission if you have fewer than 24 post-high-school credit hours. The admissions application process necessitates the submission of your high school transcript.

You are regarded as a first-year applicant if you did not enroll in college-level courses in the fall or spring after graduating from high school (or successfully complete your equivalency exam).

Create a Transferology Account

Transferology can assist you in determining which of your credits will transfer, how those courses may apply to your desired major, and which transferable courses you should take at your current school before enrolling at CU Boulder.

  • Create a free user account.
  • To determine how your credits will transfer to University of Colorado Boulder, click the See what courses transfer button. Enter all the courses you have taken or intend to take at your current school, then click Search for Matches (for assistance, watch the Will My Courses Transfer how-to video on their homepage). The outcomes for the University of Colorado Boulder will be displayed. On the University of Colorado Boulder information page, click the Request Information button to submit an advising request or a question. Select the required fields, type your major in the message field, and then submit your request. You’ll hear from a CU Boulder transfer credit expert soon.
  • If you need to take a course somewhere else for credit at your current school but are not planning to transfer out, click the Find a Replacement Course button. (For assistance, refer to the homepage’s How to Find a Replacement Course video.)

For step-by-step instructions on how to start using Transferology, watch the tutorials below.

Transfer Credit

You can plan an appropriate academic schedule for your remaining terms at your current school if you are aware of the requirements for transferring. Academic credit must be earned with a grade of C- or higher.

This procedure aims to identify prior work you’ve produced that satisfies our standards for academic rigor and content. These fundamental principles are incorporated into our policies and procedures for course credit transfer and application to a CU Boulder degree:

  • Regarding the course’s content, academic level, scope, and relevance, we hope to determine whether or not the students’ experiences at the other institution are appropriately comparable to those of students taking courses of a similar nature at CU Boulder.
  • Is it possible to document this experience of fair comparability and applicability in some way, (e g. coming from a fully accredited college or university)?.
  • Can the student provide evidence of this reasonable comparability and applicability using other tools like textbooks, syllabi, exams, papers, projects, etc.?

Learn how to read your transfer credit evaluation by watching the video tutorial we’ve provided below.

If you are a domestic student, you are evaluated for any D or F grades or deficiencies in any of the Minimum Academic Preparation Standards (MAPS). All domestic students and any international students who have finished more than four semesters of U. must take MAPS. S. schooling.

Because of statewide articulation agreements, you can earn an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from a Colorado community college after completing 60 credits there and finish the bachelor’s degree in no more than 60 more credits. For majors without a statewide articulation agreement, the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Engineering and Applied Science offer institutional transfer pathways.

Contact a Pre-Transfer Advisor

To discuss CU Boulder degree requirements, how your transfer credit will apply toward a specific degree, and for assistance selecting courses to facilitate your transfer, schedule a one-hour virtual meeting with a pre-transfer advisor.

Transfer Credit & Transferology How-to Videos

Refer to the prerequisite information for the college, school, or program in which you are interested for information regarding courses, grades, and performance.

  • GPA of 2. 5 or higher demonstrating continued success in academic coursework .
  • Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
  • Completion of prerequisites— with a grade of B or better
  • Two semesters of college-level calculus and
  • One semester of college-level chemistry or one semester of calculus-based physics
  • Calculus (MAT 2410 and MAT 2420), calculus-based physics/lab (PHY 2111), and general college chemistry/lab (CHE 1111) are required courses at Colorado community colleges.

Students seeking admission to the BA in computer science must meet the requirements listed below. Please review the requirements above for those seeking admission to the BS in computer science, as they apply to all BS degrees in the College of Engineering and Applied Science. Visit https://www for more details on the distinctions between the BA and BS in computer science. colorado. edu/cs/academics/undergraduate-programs.

For the Spring 2021 semester or later, the following minimum admission requirements must be met in order to transfer to the BA in Computer Science degree program:

  • Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
  • Calculus 1 (grade of C or better)
  • Calculus 2 (grade of C or better)
  • Java, Python, C, or C is required for the course “Introduction to Computer Programming,” though C is preferred.
  • B grade or higher in all computing courses

REMEMBER: AP/IB credit does not satisfy the math and computer science requirements for transfer admission.

  • Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
  • Students who have taken more than 36 credits must have earned a grade of 3 or higher in an introductory course in the major they intend to pursue. 0 or higher.
  • Colorado community colleges require the following courses as prerequisites for various majors: Communication majors must complete Public Speaking (COM 1150) or Group Communication (COM 2220); Information Science majors must complete Intro to Computer Science (CSC 1060) or Intro to Programming (CSC 1019); Journalism majors must complete Media News and Reporting (JOU 1006) or New Media (JOU 2025); Media Production majors must complete Intro to Film Art (HUM 1003); Media Studies majors must complete Intro
  • Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
  • Live audition or recording required for all music applicants
  • Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
  • achieving a B- or higher in each of the three prerequisite courses
  • Macroeconomics, ECO 2001; Microeconomics, ECO 2002; Business Statistics, BUS 226; or Survey of Calculus, MAT 1400 are required courses at Colorado community colleges.
  • Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
  • Students who have taken college courses in drafting, architecture, or the fine arts are given preference. A good math and science background is also essential.
  • GPA of 2. 5 or higher demonstrating continued success in academic coursework .
  • Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
  • 24 completed college credits
  • Students are recommended to take general Education courses.

International students with four or fewer semesters of U. S. schooling should refer to their countrys specific requirements.

International Transfer Credit Evaluations

For international students, we provide two different types of transfer credit evaluations, both of which are finished after a student has been admitted to CU Boulder.

  • An extensive review of all coursework previously taken at accredited colleges and/or universities is done as part of a Full Transfer Credit Evaluation to determine whether it can be applied toward CU Boulder’s degree and graduation requirements. We require full and detailed official course descriptions of each course taken, including each course’s unique academic content, in order to complete a full transfer credit evaluation for courses taken outside of the United States. You must submit a Certified English Translation if these course descriptions are not in English (see below for details). It is highly advised that you send in full course descriptions along with all other necessary application materials. For each course, information should be submitted in PDF format to [email protected]. edu. Please include your full name.
  • You will receive a Preliminary Transfer Credit Evaluation if we do not receive complete and accurate course descriptions. This preliminary assessment examines how credits earned at accredited colleges and/or universities may transfer to the University of Colorado Boulder in general terms. The courses that seem to be academic in nature and are transferable will be identified by a preliminary credit evaluation, but it is unlikely to include information on how those courses will count toward degree completion or graduation requirements.

A Special Note on Certified English Translations

If a course description is not in English, you will need to get a literal, certified (or official) English translation. It should not be interpretive. A certified (or official) translation will be different depending on what is considered an official translation in your country. In some countries, official translations are only issued by the school. In other countries, official government translators issue official translations. Some countries do not offer translations through a government network, and the student must find a private translation service to issue the translation. We also suggest that you visit or consult with your local Education USA office to see if it offers translations, or can refer you to a service.

Ready to apply?

College Transfer Tips: Best Bets and Worst Bets for Transfer Admissions!


What GPA do I need to transfer to CU Boulder?

With a GPA of 2, 30 semester hours of transferable community college coursework from Colorado 7 or higher; a cumulative GPA of 2. 7 for passing the Minimum Academic Preparation Standards (MAPS) and receiving consistent or improving grades in all college coursework, including credits earned while attending other institutions.

What GPA do you need to transfer to Colorado State?

Transfer students must have: a cumulative GPA of 2. 5 or higher (4. 0 scale) from all prior university coursework AND. at least 12 college-level, academic graded credits.

What GPA do you need to transfer to Colorado College?

2. completed all courses with a grade of C or higher; and maintained a cumulative GPA of 5 from all institutions attended. They last attended a public two-year institution in Colorado before transferring.

How hard is it to transfer to Colorado College?

Therefore, the transfer acceptance rate for Colorado College is 11. 25%. This demonstrates how challenging transferring to Colorado College is. To estimate your chances of being accepted, use the free calculator below.

Leave a Comment