Welcome to the UAA School of Nursing, where we foster excellence and innovation in nursing education, research, and healthcare in order to advance the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities. Our core values are the following:
The social, political, economic, and cultural environments all have an impact on health in different contexts. The School of Nursing prepares students for present and future roles in local, state, national, and international arenas as a collaborator in defining healthcare for Alaska. We appreciate you considering our school and wish you the best of luck in pursuing your educational goals here. We wish you success in advancing your nursing career.
Those seeking to enhance their abilities and knowledge in the nursing field have a number of options available to them through the graduate program.
How to Apply to UAA Nursing Programs
- Fill out the UAA admission form for the pre-major in Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Apply to competitive nursing ranking by program deadline. The Nursing Centralized Application Service (NursingCAS) is an independent company that processes SON applications on behalf of the UAA SON. Each applicant must create a NursingCAS account and submit an application to their preferred UAA SON program. To be considered for admission to the UAA SON, all applicants for any UAA SON program must submit an application through NursingCAS by the deadline.
- Upload and add all required items into your NursingCAS account. Official transcripts must be mailed or electronically submitted to NursingCAS along with all other required application materials. You must send official transcripts directly from your college or university, including any international transcripts and WES transcript evaluations that are relevant. Note: UAA will not accept applicant transcripts; NursingCAS must receive them for your application to be complete and considered for admission. Manually enter each college course (both prerequisite and non-prerequisite) into your NursingCAS account. Additionally, you can pay a fee to have a NursingCAS expert enter the courses from your transcript on your behalf. High School Transcripts. You can get unofficial high school transcripts from your high school or the district office. Prerequisite course descriptions document. Candidates must compile all prerequisite course descriptions into one document, copying and pasting them directly from the course catalog for the academic year in which the course was taken. Please list each course’s number, title, term, and location of completion. Upload as one pdf to the Documents section in NursingCAS.
- You must submit your NursingCAS application once you have finished the aforementioned tasks in order for the UAA School of Nursing to review your application. Now that your application has been verified as complete, you should get in touch with the NursingCAS office to make sure they have received all of your official transcripts. NursingCAS Technical Support: 617-612-2880, Mon. – Thurs. 9am – 7pm EST, Friday 9am – 5pm EST. Applications submitted without all official transcripts on file through the NursingCAS system will not be reviewed or taken into consideration. Please also visit the NursingCAS Help Center resources and NursingCAS Applicant Responsibilities pages.
Note: Fee Waivers are available on NursingCAS if you meet certain requirements. You must apply for the fee waiver before you submit your application! If you have applied for the NursingCAS Fee Waiver through your CAS portal and it was not approved, please use the School of Nursing Form to request financial assistance. Applicants must submit the School of Nursing Form at least 2 weeks prior to the application deadline.
Nursing Programs Beginning in Fall Term
The application period begins on March 1 and ends on May 1. Applications must be submitted through NursingCAS in verified status and must also include a UAA Admissions application. Once all payments and transcripts have been received, applications in NursingCAS can only be verified. We strongly advise finishing your application at least four weeks before the deadline so that it can be verified on time. After submitting their applications, students are advised to frequently check the email address they provided to address any issues and confirm that they have received any correspondence.
- May/June – Applicant pool reviewed by UAA School of Nursing
- June/July – Admission decisions sent out to applicants
- August – Mandatory School of Nursing orientation and program start
Nursing Programs Beginning in Spring Term
The application period begins on July 15 and ends on September 1 Applications must be submitted through NursingCAS in verified status and must also include a UAA Admissions application. Once all payments and transcripts have been received, applications in NursingCAS can only be verified. We strongly advise finishing your application at least four weeks before the deadline so that it can be verified on time. After submitting their applications, students are advised to frequently check the email address they provided to address any issues and confirm that they have received any correspondence.
- September/October – Applicant pool reviewed by UAA School of Nursing
- October/November – Admission decisions sent out to applicants
- January – Mandatory School of Nursing orientation and program start
Note: Students applying for full-major admission in the fall (for admission to the spring BSN program) must complete all prerequisite coursework by the end of the fall semester.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 protects individuals from discrimination on the basis of sex in any educational program or activity operated by recipients of federal aid. The University of Alaska does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Inquiries about Title IX or sex/gender discrimination may be directed to the appropriate University of Alaska Title IX Coordinator.
Is UAA a good nursing school?
UAA is an excellent school for nurses. The Professors and Instructors are teachers, not just just instructors. However, educators who push you to think critically, to work hard, and to earn your RN
What nursing schools have the highest acceptance rate?
Which nursing school has the highest acceptance rate? There are several nursing programs in the US with 100% acceptance rates, including the Lubbock Christian University, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma Wesleyan University
Which nursing program is easiest to get into?
- RN-to-BSN Capella University. …
- BS – Nursing (Registered Nurse – R. N. to B. S. N. ) Grand Canyon University.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: RN-to-BSN Purdue University Global. …
- Bachelor in Science in Healthcare Administration National University.
What is the shortest nursing school?
A CNA program is an intense course that can be finished in just a few months. Students can start working in the field right away after graduation, helping nurses with patient work in a variety of settings.