TJHSST Admissions Data, Class of 2025
- FCPS employees increased their recruitment efforts to entice students to apply.
- 3,034 applications were submitted to TJ Admissions for the 2021–2022 academic year. 2,539 applications in 2020-21–a 17% increase.
- The average GPA for applicants (3. 9074) is a little higher this year compared to the previous five years.
- The average GPA for students offered admission (3. 9539) is in line with previous years.
- High-achieving applicants are well-prepared for TJ’s rigorous academic standards.
- This is the first time in the past ten years that students from all FCPS middle schools have been accepted into TJ
- Economically disadvantaged students increased from 0.62% (2020-21) to 25.09%.
- 2.36% of accepted students are special education students.
- 7.09% of accepted students are English Language Learners.
- Female students increased from 41.80% (2020-21) to 46.00%.
- Black students increased from 1.23% (2020-21) to 7.09%.
- Hispanic students increased from 3.29% (2020-21) to 11.27%.
- White students increased from 17.70% (2020-21) to 22.36%.
- With 54 students, Asian students continue to make up the majority of the class. 36%, a decrease from 73. 05% (2020-21).
|Avg. of Apps||Avg. of Offers|
|Experience Factors||# of Apps.||% of Apps.||# of Offers||% of Offers|
|ELL (FCPS Only)||89||2.93%||30||5.45%|
|English Language Learners (All)||124||4.09%||39||7.09%|
|Gender||# of Apps.||% of Apps.||# of Offers||% of Offers|
|Race/Ethnicity||# of Apps.||% of Apps.||# of Offers||% of Offers|
|Black (Not Hispanic orig)||272||8.97%||39||7.09%|
|White (Not Hispanic orig)||726||23.93%||123||22.36%|
|School Type||# of Apps.||% of Apps.||# of Offers||% of Offers|
|TJHSST Applicant Schools||Total||Underrepresented Schools||Underrepresented Schools (FCPS)|
Students who check “Multiracial” on their application or whose ethnicity was listed as ten or fewer are included in this category.
View earlier news releases for information on TJHSST admissions over the previous five years:
ONLY FOR MEDIA: Superintendent Brabrand is currently available for immediate use in media coverage. (Please credit Fairfax County Public Schools):
TJHSST Admissions Process Explained – Community Zoom Workshop! (condensed version from 6/10/2022)
What is the average GPA at Tjhsst?
The final grade point averages for the 2022 class (8th semester) ranged from 3 to 255 to 4. 663. The calculation of grade point average (GPA) uses all high school courses for which credit has been obtained, attempted, and/or previously granted.
How many people applied to Tjhsst?
TJHSST Admissions Data, Class of 2026 TJ Admissions received applications for enrollment in the 2022–2023 academic year from 2,544 qualified students.
Why is Thomas Jefferson High School so good?
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology 2022 Rankings. Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology is ranked #1 in the National Rankings. Schools are evaluated based on how well they prepare students for college and how well they perform on state-mandated tests.
Is Thomas Jefferson High School stressful?
77% of Thomas Jefferson High School students report feeling %E2%80%9Coften%E2%80%9D or %E2%80%9Calways%E2%80%9D stressed about schoolwork