This is an archived copy of the 2019-2020 catalog. Visit http://mycatalog to access the most recent version of the catalog. txstate. edu.
Minimum required: 120 semester credit hours
- The degree plan below includes a list of the general education core curriculum courses along with the statewide component code number. For information on the Texas State requirements and options for the core curriculum, including Honors courses, see the General Education Core Curriculum section of this catalog.
- For transfer students, 34 semester credits in the nursing field of study from a public university in Texas may be transferred and applied toward Texas State University’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree with a nursing major. The Academic Policies section of this catalog has more details on the field of study. Below the Texas State University course number in the following course list is the transferable Texas Common Course Number (TCCN). Course List Code Title Hours Human Anatomy and Physiology I4 Human Anatomy and Physiology II4 PSY 1300Introduction to Psychology3 PSY 3300Lifespan Development3 MATH 2328Elementary Statistics3 ENG 1310College Writing I3 ENG 1320College Writing II3 BIO 2440Principles of Microbiology4 CHEM 1341General Chemistry I3 NUTR 2360Nutrition Science3 34
- A minimum of 36 advanced hours (3000 or 4000 level courses) must be completed by students.
- For graduation, nine hours of writing-intensive (WI) courses are necessary.
- It is necessary for students to take 6–8 hours of the same foreign language if they did not complete at least two years of it in high school.
- To graduate with a B. S. N. along with all prerequisite courses, a student must successfully complete all nursing courses with a “C” or better.
- All students must have attained a 2. GPA of at least 0 at Texas State University and a minimum of 2 50 GPA in the Nursing major to graduate.
- All students must complete the B. S. N. program in three years from the time of first admission.
- Since each nursing course is only offered once each academic year, failing a course causes the student’s progress in the program to be delayed. A student may repeat a nursing course only once. The student is dismissed from the nursing program but not from Texas State University after failing or withdrawing from two nursing courses.
The PDF will include all information unique to this page.
10 Best Nursing Schools In Texas 2021
Does Texas State University have a good nursing program?
Texas State University – Score 81 The nursing program, St. The BSN program at David’s School of Nursing accepts 100 new students each year. Given the high tuition and excellent NCLEX pass rate, this institution offers students a fantastic value and quality ratio.
What nursing school has the highest acceptance rate?
Which nursing school has the highest acceptance rate? There are several nursing programs in the US with 100% acceptance rates, including the Lubbock Christian University, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma Wesleyan University
Can I get into a nursing program with a 2.5 GPA?
Most programs require at least a 2. 5 GPA or higher. Some set their limit at a 3. 0 GPA. During the research stage of your search for an accelerated nursing program, it is crucial to learn this.
What is the easiest nursing school to get into?
- RN-to-BSN Capella University. …
- BS – Nursing (Registered Nurse – R. N. to B. S. N. ) Grand Canyon University.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: RN-to-BSN Purdue University Global. …
- Bachelor in Science in Healthcare Administration National University.