School OverviewStuyvesant High School’s student population of 3,344 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.The teacher population of 155 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years. Grades OfferedGrades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction)Total Students3,344 students
Total Classroom Teachers155 teachers
School RankingsStuyvesant High School is ranked within the top 1% of all 4,228 schools in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.The
Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (20-21)≥99%55%
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (20-21)96%62%
Student : Teacher Ratio22:112:1
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat is Stuyvesant High School’s ranking?
%E2%89%A599% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 55% NY state average), while 96% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 62% NY state average) What is the graduation rate of Stuyvesant High School?.
The graduation rate of Stuyvesant High School is 99%, which is higher than the New York state average of 83% How many students attend Stuyvesant High School?.
3,344 students attend Stuyvesant High School. What is the racial composition of the student body?.
72% of Stuyvesant High School students are Asian, 18% of students are White, 4% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are American Indian, 1% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Hawaiian What is the student:teacher ratio of Stuyvesant High School?.
Stuyvesant High School’s student-to-teacher ratio is 22:1, which is higher than the state average of 12:1 for New York. What grades does Stuyvesant High School offer ?.
Grades 9 through 12 may enroll at Stuyvesant High School, which also provides online instruction. What school district is Stuyvesant High School part of?.
Stuyvesant High School is part of New York City Geographic District # 2 School District.
Nearby Public SchoolsThe nearest high school to Stuyvesant High School is
Review Stuyvesant High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
I am a: Name or Alias: Your review:Rate this school:
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 3,344 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 82%
- Graduation Rate: ≥99% (Top 1%)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 1%
- Math Proficiency: ≥99% (Top 1%)
- Reading Proficiency: 96% (Top 1%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NY Dept. of Education.
- What Stuyvesant High School Was For Me (2022) I remember feeling sad to be leaving my friends and my school behind when I graduated from Stuyvesant High School in June of 2001.
- Shi Hui Ng 607 (2021) Shi Hui Ng is a Singaporean senior attending Stuyvesant High School in New York. She has a fascination for .
- A disgraced former vice principal at a city high school is being sued for sexual assault in 2020. A disgraced former assistant principal at Stuyvesant High School has admitted to charges of sex abuse.
A Day in My Life | Stuy Class of ’22
Is it hard to get into Stuyvesant High School?
You must perform exceptionally well on the SHSAT compared to the other students who took it that year in order to be admitted to Stuyvesant. Stuyvesant High School has the highest cut-off score among all the specialized high schools. IMPORTANT. When registering for the SHSAT, you must rank Stuyvesant as your top choice school if you want to attend.
What are the chances of getting into Stuyvesant High School?
Passing the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test is required for enrollment at Stuyvesant. Out of the approximately 30,000 eighth and ninth graders who apply to Stuyvesant every March, 800 to 850 applicants with the highest SHSAT scores are accepted.
What is the hardest specialized high school to get into?
The entrance exam known as the SHSAT, which is required for admission to Stuyvesant, the most exclusive of the eight schools in the specialized high school system, requires a minimum score of 557 (out of 800). This is the highest cutoff.
What is the most elite high school in NYC?
The best private high school in New York is Trinity School, which is located in Manhattan, according to the education research platform Niche. There are 1,001 students enrolled at Trinity School, and the student-teacher ratio there is 6:1. The school’s annual tuition is $47,965.