Please use a supported browser to enjoy the best possible user experience. Here are a few we recommend:
Update my information Admissions officers are waiting to hear from you if you are interested in the Program in Physical Therapy at San Diego State University.
Program in Physical Therapy is situated in a city environment in San Diego, California.
Technical Requirements for Admittance and Program Participation
Additionally, qualified candidates must be able to satisfy the program’s technical standards for admission in terms of their physical capabilities.
- Review the SDSU DPT Program Technical Standards for Admission (pdf) to see what requirements applicants must meet to take the DPT course and engage in professional practice.
- The SDSU student code of conduct, nondiscrimination policies, such as diversity, equity, and inclusion policies, and vaccination requirements, such as but not limited to measles/mumps/rubella (MMR), tetanus/diphtheria (TDap), Provaricella (chicken pox), hepatitis B, and COVID-19 (seasonal flu vaccinations are highly encouraged) are also part of the clinical education requirements. Failure to follow these and other University or agency policies could prevent a student from graduating on time, necessitate a leave of absence, require the student to withdraw from the program, or result in the student being dismissed from the program.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- A combined verbal and quantitative minimum score of 300, and a minimum analytical writing score of 4 are required. 0.
- Only scores from previous 5 years will be valid. However, GRE scores used for a Master’s degree that has been earned may be utilized. For applicants with verified PhDs, the GRE is not necessary.
- Must be completed with scores available before the application deadline.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation from experts attesting to the candidate’s aptitude for a demanding full-time DPT program, scholarship, and ability In order to assess the applicant’s potential as a student in the physical therapy program, at least one letter must be from a licensed physical therapist with whom the applicant had a professional relationship, and another letter must be from a professor for a course that the applicant successfully completed. The third letter of recommendation can come from a certified physical therapist, a professor from a course the applicant has taken, or someone with whom the applicant has collaborated, served, or worked in a professional capacity.
Briana Wintner – SDSU DPT Application
Does San Diego State have a good DPT program?
I can’t say enough about how excellent my doctoral program was and how highly I recommend it. “Professors in the SDSU DPT program are authorities in their fields.
What is a competitive GPA for DPT?
The majority of applicants to DPT programs have a GPA of 3. 5 or better. What doesn’t matter so much is your undergraduate major. There isn’t a single major that directly leads to PT school. It won’t matter as long as your degree program permits you to enroll in the aforementioned courses.
Is SDSU DPT program accredited?
The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA, 22314; phone: 703-706-3245; email: accreditation@apta, has granted San Diego State University’s doctor of physical therapy program accreditation. org; website: http://www. capteonline. org.
What are the odds of getting into PT school?
Remember only 10% of applicants get accepted, so if you do the minimum number of hours it doesn%27t say much about your commitment to a future as a physical therapist Consider working much more hours than the minimum advised if you want to increase your chances.