New UCAS data shows that some universities offer places to over 90% of those who apply %E2%80%93 but less than a fifth of Oxford applicants get an offer
Some universities are more difficult to get into than others. Places at Oxford and Cambridge are famously competitive. It becomes easier as you move down the university league tables. Or so you might think.
We’ve crunched the numbers to determine the percentage of applicants who receive offers after submitting applications to each university in the UK, demonstrating definitively which universities are the hardest to get into.
View the offer rate for each university using the list and table below. There are some surprises in there. Join Save the Student for your chance to.
Brief Facts About Queen Mary University of London
- The school has two intake seasons – January and September
- International students must graduate by September 3rd.
- Postgraduate applications are made through the university’s online portal for both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Indian applicants demand 75% in HS from CBSE/state board or 60% from the state or central boards for foundational programs
- PTE, TOEFL, Cambridge, and IELTS are accepted for English proficiency.
- Personal statements and resumes are essential components of the admission documents.
Check out this list of UK universities for students without IELTS.
Courses Offered at Queen Mary University of London
The Queen Mary University of London offers over 240 degree programs in major disciplines like social sciences, humanities, medicine, and engineering, spanning three academic faculties. Over 32 doctoral degrees, 130 undergraduate degrees, and 290 master’s degree programs can be chosen by international students. These courses are divided into Foundation, and Pre-Master’s Programs.
These are pathway programs with specific courses that provide English language and academic preparation to students from abroad and the European Union. These programs, which help students advance in their first year of undergraduate studies, include these courses. It is intended for students who do not meet the requirements to enroll in any undergraduate programs.
These programs provide European and international Master’s aspirants with course-specific pathway programs. It is suitable for students without the university admission criteria. These programs educate students and enhance their capacity for learning.
What is the Visa Process for International Students?
Upon acceptance into the university, enrolled students must submit an application for a Tier 4 general student visa for the United Kingdom. Therefore, students need to:
- Complete the CAS request form
- The institution offers the CAS statement post verification
- The candidate will fill the visa
- Payment of application fee
- Book an appointment for a visa interview
Essential Documents for the Interview
- Official academic transcripts
- CAS statement
- English proficiency test
- Financial guarantee proof
- Passport photographs
Read also: University of Oxford Acceptance Rate for International Students
Queen Mary International Student Admissions
Over 162 nations around the world are represented among the students admitted to Queen Mary University of London. It should be noted that 39% of its students are non-European residents For students of international origin, the school has a general admission requirement in addition to country-specific requirements.
The application system for undergraduate and graduate admission to schools is called UCAS. There is no fee for postgraduate courses, but there is an application fee of £18 for the UCAS portal. Academic transcripts, a resume, a financial statement, a personal statement, and an ATAS certificate are the standard admissions materials.
Steps to Apply at Queen Mary University of London
You should take the following actions if you want to apply for admission to this university:
- Select a program or course from the university program finder
- Log in to the portal after creating an account there.
- You will fill out the application form
- Upload your supporting documents like transcripts, CV, personal statement, etc.
- Make the application fee payment
- Submit the application and, if you prefer, track your application on the UCAS track while you wait for the acceptance letter.
Undergraduate Admission for Queen Mary University of London
It is a global institution that offers a variety of undergraduate degree programs in subjects like science, social science, humanities, engineering, dentistry, and medicine. These are the requirements for applicants seeking admission as undergraduates to the institution.
The application fee is £20 for one choice and £26 for multiple choice, and the application portal is the UCAS application system. Candidates must meet the requirements in order to be admitted to the school.
Documents for Undergraduate Admission
- Completed Application
- Academic requirements
- Official Class 12 Transcripts in English translations
- Statement of Purpose
- Minimum A’s and B’s Levels as per the program
- Letter of recommendation from either professional, adviser, or teacher
- Financial account statement
- International applicants must have English language scores (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo)
Graduate Admission for Queen Mary University of London
The university has Postgraduate courses for graduate students like M. Sc, MBA, MPhil, MAsc, etc. To manage a graduate degree program, you must have an undergraduate degree. The school has two graduate degrees:
- Taught Degrees (MSc/MA; 1 year):
For you to enter into this Master%E2%80%99s degree, you must obtain an undergraduate degree with 60% or an equivalent score from a reputable organization
- Research Degrees (MPhil/Ph.D., 3 years):
For gaining admission into Postgraduate research degree programs, applicants should have gotten PG Degree with 60% from a reputable institution Some departments might feel the need to admit students with an undergraduate degree of 60% or equivalent
Documents for Postgraduate Admission
- Application fee
- Language proficiency test in IELTS or TOEFL
- Statement of purpose
- Academic Transcripts
- Work experience
Notable Alumni from Queen Mary University of London
- Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
- Sir Peter Mansfield (Nobel Laureate, Physiology or Medicine)
- Bill O’Reilly (Television presenter and political commentator)
- G. Ballard (Author)
- Graham Chapman (Comedian and actor, Monty Python)
Other Interesting Contents
Queen Mary University of London Scholarships
AcerGAMSAT Medicine Scholarship:
AcerGAMSAT is pleased to provide Queen Mary University of London students studying medicine with the opportunity to have some or all of their tuition fees paid for. All medical students are eligible, and they are not required to take the GAMSAT.
ANID (Becas Chile):
In collaboration with ANID (National Agency for Research and Development), Queen Mary contributes to a number of awards. This scholarship is available to Master’s and Ph. D. applicants from Chile, in any subject.
Associate Alumni Bursary:
Queen Mary offers students who have studied as an Associate Student (Study Abroad, Erasmus, or International Exchange student) a 20% reduction on tuition fees when returning for a postgraduate taught program in Humanities or Social Sciences
THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON | IS QMUL WORTH THE HYPE?
Does Queen Mary University accept international students?
Research at QMUL continues to be of a high standard, and students are given priority. More than 13,000 students from more than 100 different countries are enrolled at QMU; about 20% of them are international students. As a result, QMUL has a vibrant international student community.
Is it hard to get into UK universities as an international student?
Yes, it is simpler for foreign students to enroll in UK universities. Most of these institutions welcome foreign students warmly, and their acceptance rates are higher than those of domestic students.
What grades do you need for Queen Mary?
Normally, we anticipate that you will have earned grades of A* through C or 9 to 4 in at least five subjects, including English. You can find more information about specific higher requirements for some courses in our Course Finder.
How many international students are at Queen Mary University?
We have nearly 5,400 staff members and more than 32,000 degree-seeking students. Our students represent more than 170 different nationalities, with about 41% coming from abroad. The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021 named Queen Mary as the Russell Group university with the most diversity.