Please use a supported browser to enjoy the best possible user experience. Here are a few we recommend:
Update my information Admissions officers at New York University have received your application. Tandon School of Engineering has been notified of your interest.
Tandon School of Engineering is situated in an urban environment in Brooklyn, New York.
Top Reasons to Study in the NYU Tandon School of Engineering
- With more than 17,000 international students and scholars from more than 140 different countries, New York University, the school’s parent, has the most international students of any American university.
- The university’s campus was upgraded for 130 million, covering 15 acres, and includes a brand-new academic building, a contemporary residence hall, an athletic facility, and new computer labs with top-of-the-line workstations for research, 3D modeling, etc.
- Students at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering have access to study abroad opportunities at 40 institutions in over 23 nations, including, among others, those in Argentina, Belgium, France, New Zealand, Spain, Australia, Italy, and the United Kingdom.
Cost of Studying at NYU Tandon School of Engineering
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
How to Apply at NYU Tandon School of Engineering
- Apply through the official website
- Choose your course
- Fill up your details
- Upload required documents
- Pay the application fee
Documents Required to Apply to NYU Tandon School of Engineering
- Passport-size photographs
- Birth certificate
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- High School Graduation Certificate
- Letters of recommendation
- Four-year undergraduate transcripts from the university (for applicants to graduate programs)
- For those wishing to apply to graduate programs, proof of an undergraduate degree
- Statement of Purpose
Note: The application fees for undergraduate and graduate students at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering are 80 USD (6388 INR) and 90 USD (7186 INR), respectively.
Exams Accepted By the University
Examinees must achieve the following minimum scores: Graduate TOEFL iBT 100 90 Undergraduate IELTS Academic 7 5 7. PTE Academic: 0 (70/65), Cambridge English Scale: 191 (125/115), and Duolingo: 125/115
Know universities that fit you best!
Give us a look at your profile, preferred courses, strengths, and weaknesses, and we’ll immediately find universities that are a perfect fit for you!
Courses Find the updated list of courses available in this university
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
16 minutes ago University shortlist Ielts 7 8. 99 GPA in BTech CSE, 5 personal projects, 1 international research project, and 1 published paper
Hello, guys! Please advise me on how to get accepted to prestigious universities (with scholarships, if possible). Also which Unis.
2 hours ago Pennsylvania State University
2 hours ago SOP-LOR Writing Service
2 hours ago University of Texas at Arlington
Number of campuses the university has 1
Campus locations New York
Brooklyn, New York, in the United States, is home to the NYU Tandon School of Engineering. It is less than four miles from the city center. Students can take the bus, subway, or train to get to the university. While a bus trip takes 25 minutes and costs less than 7 USD (559 INR), a subway line takes 26 minutes and costs less than 3 USD (319 INR). Additionally, students have the option of taking a taxi, which takes 8 minutes and costs between 26 and 31 USD (2076 to 2475 INR). Additionally, the university offers transportation within the city through its NYU Shuttle Bus service.
Services offered by the university
- The educational processes at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering are carried out in technologically advanced classrooms that support both in-person and online instruction. Numerous conference rooms, student study areas, and a student lounge are also available to students.
- The Bern Dibner Library of Science and Technology provides students with access to the global database of the Online Computer Library Center, which has over 4,000 participating libraries, as well as more than 190,000 titles, 200,000 volumes, numerous serials, online databases, CD-ROM learning tools, and multimedia resources.
- Academic guidance is offered by the university’s Academic Advisement Center, which also provides campus resources for additional support and direction on any institute-related issues. The Polytechnic Tutoring Center also provides customized tutoring for specific courses.
- Students can innovate, collaborate, and create in the 10,000 square foot MakerSpace, which has cutting-edge software, milling machines, 3D printers, and integrated manufacturing facilities.
- Through coaching, specialized boot camps, networking with top recruiters, career fairs, and other resources, the Tandon Career Hub supports students’ professional development.
- Future labs, a NanoFab clean room, a digital media room, and a computer lab are also available to students and faculty.
- Over 40 student organizations represent a variety of interests at the university, including those in the arts, sciences, politics, business, religion, philosophy, community service, and recreation.
- Individual, group, and wellness workshops are all provided by Counseling and Wellness Services, in addition to long-term psychiatric medication services on-campus and referrals to community services. Almost all counseling services are provided free of cost.
- Students have access to athletic facilities like the aerobic fitness rooms, gymnasium, physical fitness room, and men’s and women’s locker rooms, all of which are furnished with a variety of training equipment.
- Safe Ride vans, transit discounts, sexual health education and prevention, lactation rooms, menstrual hygiene products, chaplains, and locker rentals are just a few of the additional services the university offers.
Through its two residence halls, the NYU Tandon School of Engineering provides on-campus housing with both conventional and apartment-style suites.
- Othmer Hall and St. John’s Residence provide lodging for NYU Tandon School of Engineering students. George Clark Hall.
- The Othmer Residence Hall, which is in Downtown Brooklyn, accommodates students in both conventional and apartment-style suites. Each floor of the residence has a student lounge, and the basement has laundry facilities. Students must maintain a minimum meal plan in order to stay in this hall.
- Located in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood, the renovated St. Students at George Clark Residence Hall live in suites with a fridge, microwave, and TV. The apartment complex has a communal kitchen and a student community center where residents can use the library’s study group space, watch movies, and play games.
University Faculty:Student Ratio
With more than 160 full-time academic staff members, NYU Tandon School of Engineering has a student-to-faculty ratio of 15:1. The university has a total of 20,641 students with a gender distribution of 54% male students and 56% of female students
University Endowments Value 2690456
Research opportunities at university
With over 53. The NYU Tandon School of Engineering invests $7 million in research with the goal of creating innovative and smart, connected and secure, sustainable and healthy urban communities. The university provides more than 50 research laboratories, 10 research centers and institutes, and faculty members who are industry partners. There is research going on in many different areas, including communications/IT, cybersecurity, data science, emerging media, health, sustainability, urban planning, robotics, and many more. The university is listed as one of the Top 5 Academic Institutions Conducting 5G Research by Fierce Wireless.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
At the NYU Tandon School of Engineering, internships are required coursework that students must complete in order to receive academic credit and gain real-world work experience in a variety of academic fields. Among many other places, students have worked as interns at LinkedIn, Boeing, Mount Sinai, HBO Max/Warner Media, PWC, Walmart, and Columbia University.
Placement – Companies and average salaries offered
95. 14% of NYU Tandon School of Engineering%E2%80%99s undergraduate class of 2021 reported working or in graduate school within 6 months of their graduation with their average salary as 71,128 USD (56,82,238 INR) while 85 4% of the university’s graduate class of 2021 reported employment. Top employers include Twitter, Facebook, Apple, Estee Lauder, Pinterest, Microsoft, BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, and the NSA.
1. What are the tuition costs at NYU Tandon School of Engineering? The tuition costs for graduate students at NYU Tandon School of Engineering start at $25,440 USD (20,30,862 INR), while the tuition costs for international undergraduate students range from 21,096 to 28,831 USD (16,84,083 to 23,01,564 INR).
2. What are the GPA requirements at NYU Tandon School of Engineering? The minimum GPA requirement for international students at NYU Tandon School of Engineering is 3. 0.
3. What is the NYU Tandon School of Engineering acceptance rate?The NYU Tandon School of Engineerings acceptance rate is 35%
4. The courses offered by the NYU Tandon School of Engineering are divided among 11 academic divisions and include 34 graduate programs, 15 undergraduate programs, and 5 online master’s degrees.
5. Are there any NYU Tandon School of Engineering scholarships available to students from abroad? A number of internal and externally funded scholarships, as well as fellowships, are available to students from abroad.
New York, United States
Need Help! Get a FREE Profile
Consultation by our experts Email Phone No.
Want to discuss your goals?
Our experts are here to make it happen.
YOCKET TOOLS & SERVICES
Want to discuss your goals?
Our experts are here to make it happen.
The shocking reality of NYU decisions || Fall 2022 Mass Rejection
Is NYU Tandon difficult to get into?
The best and brightest students from all over the world apply each year for admission to the NYU Tandon School of Engineering, making it a very competitive program.
What GPA do you need for NYU Tandon?
General Requirements Please be aware that a 3.0 GPA is required. 0 out of a 4. 0 scale. Programs approved/accredited by other diverse regional accrediting associations as well as programs accredited by ABET will receive special attention.
Is NYU Tandon Ivy League?
NYU is not one of the eight universities that make up the Ivy League. But its excellent academic and athletic programs are regarded as being on par with those of Ivy League universities.
Is NYU Tandon a good engineering school?
2023 Rankings for New York University (Tandon) New York University (Tandon) is ranked No. 33 (tie) in Best Engineering Schools. Schools are ranked based on how well they perform against a number of generally recognized indicators of excellence.