What is life like at LMU SFTV?Loyola Marymount University is located in West Los Angeles’ Silicon Beach, between Playa Vista and Westchester. Playa Del Rey Beach is a 45-minute walk and Santa Monica is a 35-minute bus ride. The on-campus facilities and dorms are surrounded by stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. Filmmakers from all backgrounds focus on the program’s top five key learning outcomes:
- Learn the historical and sociocultural underpinnings of American and international film, television, and new media.
- Storytelling — Master all visual storytelling techniques, including screenwriting, camera positioning, lighting, blocking, performance, and post-production techniques.
- Technical Proficiency — Gain knowledge in the chosen specialization.
- Develop creative work that expands on the canon and captures your distinct voice as a filmmaker.
- Collaboration — Participate in group activities and thesis projects to network and broaden your skill set.
LMU’s Westchester and Playa Vista campuses offer 24/7 access to excellent filmmaking facilities. Take advantage of editing and advanced color correction suites with iMac Pro, reference monitors, 4K TVs, and Tangent Element Coloring Surfaces, and other technologies. Tapeless workflow stores your work in LMU SFTV’s central server – projects are accessible in any location. Film students can also shoot on 35mm. LMU SFTV’s Camera Department leases
- Arri Alexa Mini
- RED One MX
- Canon C300 MKI
- Canon C100 MKII
- Canon XF100
- Arri BL4s Super35
- Arri SR2 Super16
- Arri Skypanels
- Arri Interview Kits
- Kino Flo Celeb
- Kino Flo Diva – RGB
- Mole Richardson – 1×1
- Tungsten Balanced Fresnel Tweenie, Baby, Junior, and Studio by Mole Richardson
- Mole Richardson – Tungsten Balanced Softlight
- Joker Bug – 400W and 800W
- 1.8 HMIs – Sunray
- 1.2 HMIs – Arri and Mole Richardson
- Digimole – 200W and 400W
- Schoeps CMIT-5U
- Sennheiser MKH 50
- Sennheiser 416
LMU SFTV Industry Women+LMU SFTV is at the forefront of creating a more feminist and inclusive film industry. Thanks to LMU SFTV Industry Women+, female and gender non-binary students from all walks of life and filmmaking backgrounds can safely explore and develop their talents. In the program, students participate in round-table discussions, Q and A sessions with industry experts, and screenwriting mentorships. For more information, email
- Australia — Swinburne University of Technology – Production
- Animation, game design, and an internship are available at Champlain College in Montreal, Canada.
- LMU Film Production in Bonn, Germany, with SFTV faculty.
- Germany — LMU Bonn offers a minor in international documentary with SFTV faculty
- Hungary — LMU Screenwriting in Budapest – with SFTV faculty
- Ireland — University College Cork – Film Studies
ADMISSION REACTIONS (film school edition) UCLA, USC, Chapman, LMU
Is it hard to get into LMU for film?
Is it difficult to get accepted to LMU SFTV? %E2%80%8B According to EducationScientists, the undergraduate film program has an acceptance rate of 19% %E2%80%94 highly competitive, but slightly higher than the nation’s other top 10 film schools The graduate film program’s acceptance rate hovers around 6%, on average
What is the acceptance rate for LMU?
Loyola Marymount admissions is selective with an acceptance rate of 50% The average SAT score for applicants to Loyola Marymount is 1210–1390, or an ACT score of 27–31.
Is LMU a hard school to get into?
Students who meet the following requirements are eligible for regular admission to LMU: high school graduates with a grade point average (GPA) of three. 2 or higher on a 4. 0 scale. Minimum SAT or ACT composite score of 1010 or 19