California State universities with high acceptance rates: It can be tough to get into college, with some schools having an acceptance rate of less than 10% Consider applying to one of California’s state universities to improve your chances of admission.
There are a few California State Universities with high acceptance rates; which one is the easiest to get into? However, the easiest Cal State to get into is probably CSU Fresno, with an acceptance rate is around 97%
Find Your Bootcamp Match
- Career Karma matches you with top tech bootcamps
- Access exclusive scholarships and prep courses
Select your interest First name Last name Email Phone number
What Are the Easiest Colleges to Get Into in California?
The Academy of Art University, California State University-Fresno, California Northstate University, Azusa Pacific University, Sonoma State University, California State University-Channel Island, and California State University-Monterey Bay are the easiest colleges to get into in California.
Colleges in California With Open Admissions
The only requirement for admission to a college under an open admissions program is a high school diploma, GED, or attendance certificate. The majority of these institutions are community colleges or colleges that provide associate degree programs.
Open Admissions Colleges in California
- Academy of Art University
- Allan Hancock College
- City College of San Francisco
- Santa Ana College
- Santiago Canyon College
Are There Good Universities With High Acceptance Rates in California?
Yes, California has reputable institutions with high acceptance rates. Sonoma State University, Biola University, California Baptist University, Azusa Pacific University, California State University-Fresno, and California State University-Monterey Bay are a few of these institutions.
Common Admissions Requirements for Colleges With High Acceptance Rates in California
The common admission requirements for colleges with high acceptance rates in California include your official high school transcript, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, a strong GPA, and proof of English language proficiency.
- Official high school transcript. High acceptance rate schools in California frequently require an official high school transcript, which must be sent directly to the school or delivered in person and sealed.
- Standardized test scores. Before a student is accepted into a college, they must obtain standardized test results, such as SAT or ACT scores.
- Letters of recommendation. Two letters of recommendation are typically required by colleges with high acceptance rates, typically from former professors or other supervisors.
- GPA. A minimum GPA of 2 is the standard requirement for most universities. 50 to 3. 00. However, this is heavily influenced by the school you want to attend.
- English proficiency test. As part of the admission requirements, prospective students who are not native English speakers typically must pass an English proficiency test like the IELTS or TOEFL.
The Best Colleges With High Acceptance Rates in California
|Academy of Art University||100% (Open Admission Policy)||$25,424|
|California State University – Fresno||97%||$6,653 (in state), $18,533 (out of state)|
|California Northstate University||95%||$49,793|
|Azusa Pacific University||94%||$41,510|
|Sonoma State University||94%||$7,988 (in state), $19,868 (out of state)|
|California State University – Channel Island||93%||$6,817 (in state), $18,697 (out of state)|
|California State University – Monterey Bay||93%||$7,218 (in state), $19,098 (out of state)|
|California State Polytechnic University – Humboldt||91%||$7,864 (in state), $19,744 (out of state)|
|California State University – Dominguez Hills||90%||$7,060 (in state), $18,940 (out of state)|
|California State University – Bakersfield||85%||$7,579 (in state), $19,459 (out of state)|
Easiest Colleges to Get Into in California: A Closer Look
Academy of Art University, California State University-Fresno, California Northstate University, Azusa Pacific University, Sonoma State University, and Humboldt State University are the easiest colleges in California to get into based on their high acceptance rates.
Academy of Art University
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Number of applicants per year: N/A
- Percent admitted: 100%
- Admissions requirements: N/A
This university has an open admissions policy. Before students are offered admission, no tests or SAT scores are required. The basic requirement is a high school diploma or GED. The school also provides quality tutoring and complete flexibility with its online courses.
California State University – Fresno
- Location: Fresno, CA
- Number of applicants per year: 15,231
- Percent admitted: 97%
- the completion of a college preparatory program, an official high school transcript, and a high school GPA
The excellent California State University at Fresno offers a wide range of programs. It is one of the largest programs in the California State University system, with about 26 programs that are nationally accredited. The university is notable for its high acceptance rates and for maintaining admission criteria that are friendly to students.
- Location: Elk Grove, CA
- Number of applicants per year: 332
- Percent admitted: 95%
- TOEFL, high school GPA, and additional exams (Wonderlic, WISC-IIl) are prerequisites for admission.
California Northstate University has a strong focus on health care because it wants to produce lifelong learners who are prepared to lead the neighborhood as authorities in health care science, research, and education. The University is one of the easiest schools in California to get into with a 95 percent acceptance rate.
- Location: Azusa, CA
- Number of applicants per year: 3,967
- Percent admitted: 94%
- Admissions requirements: GPA and high school transcripts
Azusa Pacific University has an organized curriculum and improved student access to admissions. In an effort to simplify admissions, the university recently eliminated the application fee, made SAT scores optional, and began accepting grades of pass or fail.
- Location: Rohnert Park, CA
- Number of applicants per year: 10,598
- Percent admitted: 94%
- Transcripts from high school, a high school GPA, and completion of the college-preparatory program are needed for admission.
Sonoma State University has a focus on diversity and honesty. It offers top-notch, integrated education which includes tutoring. This enables close teacher-student interaction and the exploration of ideas like innovation and discovery. Students also get internship privileges.
California State University – Channel Islands
- Location: Camarillo, CA
- Number of applicants per year: 9,244
- Percent admitted: 93%
- GPA in secondary school, completion of a college-preparatory program, and high school transcripts are prerequisites for admission.
California State University is a great institution because it provides students with excellent college degree programs at a fair and affordable price. The university makes it easier for students to access grants, scholarships, and loans.
California State University – Monterey Bay
- Location: Seaside, CA
- Number of applicants per year: 10,026
- Percent admitted: 93%
- Transcripts, completion of a college-preparatory program, and a GPA are needed for admission.
For low-income students, California State University at Monterey provides excellent programs and tutoring. Because of this, its students have access to financial aid in about 72% of cases. By maintaining a limited list of admissions requirements, the university also makes higher education more accessible to historically underrepresented groups.
California State Polytechnic University – Humboldt
- Location: Arcata, CA
- Number of applicants per year: 7,013
- Percent admitted: 91%
- GPA, completion of a college preparatory program, and high school transcripts are prerequisites for admission.
Students can experience a distinctive educational setting at the California State Polytechnic University at Humboldt, formerly known as Humboldt State University. Small class sizes and human-centered, enthusiastic teachers foster learning The campus is close to ancient redwood forests and a gorgeous shoreline, making it one of the most breathtaking places in the nation.
California State University – Dominguez Hills
- Location: Carson, CA
- Number of applicants per year: 16,741
- Percent admitted: 90%
- High school records, completion of a college preparatory program, and a GPA are required for admission.
The California State University at Dominguez Hills has state-of-the-art facilities, including contemporary sporting venues, cutting-edge classrooms, and a serene learning environment. The university is also known for its high admissions rates.
California State University – Bakersfield
- Location: Bakersfield, CA
- Number of applicants per year: 12,334
- Percent admitted: 85%
- Completion of a college-preparatory program, a clean high school record, and a 2.0 secondary school GPA are required for admission.
The California State University at Bakersfield works hard to always give its students the best. The university recently added a new magic planet to help students learn earth science concepts in its science building. The university was also listed as one of the top public universities in the nation by US News and World Reports in 2019.
Online Colleges Based in California That Are Easy to Get Into
In California, there are many convenient online colleges. These institutions give students access to an abundance of resources so they can research various certification programs, including graduate programs for graduate students, that will direct them along their chosen career path. The following are California’s most accessible online colleges.
- Azusa Pacific University. With 94 percent of accepted students, Azusa Pacific University (APU) is one of the institutions in California with the highest acceptance rates. APU has seven regional campuses in Southern California, including the Inland Empire, Los Angeles, Monrovia, Murrieta, Orange County, and San Diego, and offers more than 200 undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Sonoma State University. It was founded in 1961 and currently enrolls 9,300 students. With an acceptance rate of 89 percent on average, it is one of California’s easiest online colleges to get into. Generally, Sonoma State University accepts all qualified applicants from its service area. Additionally, it has a high acceptance rate for transfers from outside the North Bay region.
- University of California – Merced. It was established in 2005, making it the most recent institution in the University of California system and the first research university in the US to be established in the twenty-first century. It has a pretty high acceptance rate at 85 percent. It provides more than 50 online certificate programs that are accredited, and non-students can take online courses as well.
- California Baptist University. California Baptist University is a private school in Riverside, California. In the most recent US News rankings, the Division of Online and Professional Studies at California Baptist University placed highly across a number of categories. With an acceptance rate of 80%, it is one of the best Christian colleges and universities in Southern California.
- California State Polytechnic University at Humboldt. One of the three polytechnic universities in the California State University system is California State Polytechnic University at Humboldt. It offers a number of online courses that provide the same materials and practical training as their regular face-to-face instruction. It has an average acceptance rate of 75 percent.
Should I Attend Community College in California and Then Transfer to University?
Community colleges do offer students an affordable, adaptable, and accessible option. Additionally, they are excellent for students with lower GPAs who might have trouble passing the more stringent admissions tests. In this situation, enrolling in a community college before transferring to a college or university of your choice is the best course of action.
Easiest Community Colleges to Get Into in California
Community colleges offer many advantages, including small class sizes, affordable tuition, and simple admissions procedures. Listed below are some of California’s most accessible community colleges.
California Community Colleges That Are Easy to Get Into
- Cerritos College
- Cuesta College
- Ohlone College
- Santa Barbara City College
- Lake Tahoe Community college
Should I Attend a University in California With a High Acceptance Rate?
Yes, you should. High or low acceptance rates do not automatically indicate that a school’s instruction is of high caliber. Many brilliant, driven, and capable students are enrolled in universities with both low and high acceptance rates.
What counts most are the school’s additional resources, academic environment, and program quality. Prior to choosing a college, it’s crucial to consider how well the institution will support your career objectives.
Easiest Colleges to Get Into in California FAQ
Yes, there are community colleges in Los Angeles, California. After high school, there are typically small, local colleges available. Most offer two-year programs that culminate in certificates and associate degrees and are designed to prepare students for four-year university programs elsewhere or to provide technical training.
The associate degree or college credits needed to transfer to a university can be obtained at community colleges, which are two-year institutions. A university, on the other hand, is a four-year program that leads to an undergraduate degree like a bachelor’s degree. You can also obtain a postgraduate degree from a university, such as an MBA, PhD, or MSc.
Stanford University, University of California – Los Angeles, University of California – Berkeley, San Diego State University, Harvey Mudd College, Pitzer College, and Pomona College are among the California institutions with the lowest acceptance rates. Some of these institutions provide open admission, which means that there are few or no admissions requirements.
The school with the lowest acceptance rate in California is Stanford University. According to Niche’s 2022 Hardest Colleges to Get Into in America, Stanford University has an average admission rate of only five percent, making it number one on the list.
“Career Karma came into my life just when I needed it and helped me quickly match with a bootcamp,” I secured my ideal position two months after graduating, one that complemented my values and life objectives!
Venus, Software Engineer at Rockbot
About Us: Career Karma is a website that connects job seekers to training programs so they can advance their careers. Learn about the CK publication.
Many careers in tech pay over $100,000 per year. You can find a training program that fits your needs and will prepare you for a long-term, lucrative career in technology with the aid of Career Karma.
Find the right bootcamp for you
Before You Apply to College, You NEED to Watch This Video!
What universities have the highest acceptance rate in California?
- California State University – Fresno: 97%
- California State University – Stanislaus: 95%
- Sonoma State University: 94%
- California State University, Sacramento: 94%
- California State University, San Marcos: 93%
- California State University – Monterey Bay: 93%
What college has 100 acceptance rate in California?
California Colleges Ranked by Highest Acceptance RateSchoolAcceptance RateAmerican River College Sacramento, CA100%Antelope Valley College Lancaster, CA100%Bakersfield College Bakersfield, CA100%Barstow Community College Barstow, CA100%
What colleges have a 100% acceptance rate?
Colleges with the Highest Acceptance Rates – Top 100SchoolLocationFall 2021 Acceptance RateAcademy of Art UniversitySan Francisco, CA100%Adams State UniversityAlamosa, CO100%Alliance UniversityNew York, NY100%Baptist College of FloridaGraceville, FL100%
What is the easiest California state school to get into?
Thus, the easiest college to get into among the schools in the Cal State system is California State University, Fresno (Fresno State), with an undergraduate acceptance rate of 97% This is followed by California State University, Stanislaus (Stanislaus State), which has an undergraduate acceptance rate of 95%