Student BodyEnrollment578 students310 students% Students of Color5%25%% International Students16 %% Students Boarding25%70%Offers Post-Grad YearYesNo
- Independent secondary school Fryeburg Academy educates a wide range of local day students as well as boarders from all over the country and the world. The Academy holds that the ideal environment for learning and development is provided by a strong school community. Therefore, we work to foster a welcoming school community that encourages tolerance, respect, and cooperation while preparing students for active citizenship. In this regard, the Academy’s rigorous and all-encompassing academic curriculum, enriched by a wide range of co-curricular activities, offers the knowledge and skills required for success in higher education and the workforce.
- A traditional New England village in the foothills of Mount Washington and the White Mountains is where Fryeburg Academy is located. It is a real community with real people who give everyone who enters a sense of belonging and a solid base of support for everyone who stays. It is close to the ocean, rivers, lakes, ski resorts, and a National Forest with 750,000 acres. Outdoor activities are limitless every season of the year.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences
- Fryeburg Academy accreditations: NEASC, NAIS, AISNE
- David Rohde, an investigative journalist for the New York Times, Rufus Porter, a painter and the founder of Scientific American, Spaulding Gray, an actor and playwright, Marcus Nash, a U S. American representative from New Hampshire and Olympic nordic ski racer James Farrington (1828–1831)
Frequently Asked QuestionsHow much does Fryeburg Academy cost?
The estimated tuition at Fryeburg Academy is $17,900 for day students and $50,500 for boarding students. What is the acceptance rate of Fryeburg Academy?.
The acceptance rate of Fryeburg Academy is 80%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58% Who are famous alumni from Fryeburg Academy?.
David Rohde, Rufus Porter, Spaulding Gray, Marcus Nash, and James Farrington are some of the notable former students of Fryeburg Academy. What sports does Fryeburg Academy offer?.
Alpine skiing, baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross-country running, cycling, field hockey, football, golf, ice hockey, lacrosse, mountain biking, Nordic skiing, rock climbing, softball, tennis, track and field, ultimate frisbee, winter track, wrestling, and 22 other interscholastic sports are available at Fryeburg Academy. What is Fryeburg Academys ranking?.
According to oldest founding date, Fryeburg Academy is among the top 20 boarding schools. When is the application deadline for Fryeburg Academy?.
The Fryeburg Academy has a rolling application deadline, meaning that applications are evaluated as they come in throughout the year.
Alumni ReviewsReview SchoolReviewDescription
Add to Compare (9)
Add to Compare (14)
Add to Compare (1)
Add to Compare (17)
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 578 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $50,500
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $17,900
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Request InformationI am a:ParentStudent Email: Name of parent: Student first name: Student last name: Student date of birth: Student is:MaleFemale Currently in grade: Seeking entry for grade: Target start date: Please briefly describe academic, athletic, and extracurricular interests of the student: Home address: City: Country: State: Zip: (enter “N/A” if not applicable)Phone:
Fryeburg Academy Moments 11 16 22
Is Fryeburg Academy free for residents?
Waterfront cottages and new, upscale neighborhoods. Fryeburg, which is home to the renowned Fryeburg Academy, attracts families with teenagers because local students can attend the school for free.
How much does it cost to go to Fryeburg Academy?
In FRYEBURG, Maine, there is a highly regarded private boarding school called Fryeburg Academy. With 570 students in grades 9 through 12, there are nine students for every teacher. Tuition is $49,500 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 88% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college
What is Fryeburg Academy known for?
Fryeburg Academy’s performing arts and music programs are outstanding. The school has won numerous first-place prizes at both the state and national Berklee High School Jazz Festival in the categories of vocal jazz, big band, and new standard jazz combo.
What is the dress code for Fryeburg Academy?
Collared shirts with a full button-down collar or buttoned polo shirts, as well as sweaters, sweatshirts, turtlenecks, jersey dress shirts, and any shirt from Fryeburg Academy (including t-shirts), are acceptable.