Forman, a coed college prep school for grades 9 through 12 and PG, was established in 1930 with the sole purpose of empowering talented students who learn differently. For academically motivated students with identified learning differences like dyslexia, executive function issues, or attention deficits, Formans’ expert faculty provide unmatched education.
Every graduate becomes a knowledgeable, self-advocating self-advocate throughout life thanks to Forman’s holistic student development approach based on their individual learning profiles.
Using data and millions of student and parent opinions, Niche ranks close to 100,000 schools and districts.
Student BodyEnrollment240 students310 students% Students of Color19%25%% International Students3 %% Students Boarding80%70%Offers Post-Grad YearYesNo
- The Forman School is a coed, boarding college prep school for gifted students in grades 9 through PG who have been diagnosed with language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, executive functioning, ADD, and ADHD.
- We use cutting-edge assistive technology that empowers and supports our students.
- Every student studies metacognitive skills, multisensory reading, thinking, and writing, as well as executive function coaching with specially trained teachers. Tutors are available every evening to assist with homework and to reinforce concepts learned in class.
- All Forman students are guided through a college preparatory curriculum and the school has a 100% college acceptance rate
- Students have the chance to explore their existing and new areas of interest thanks to our extensive visual and performing arts programs, 26 competitive and non-competitive athletic offerings, and more.
- The school provides a variety of opportunities for experiential learning, including a travel/study Winterim program, boat building, sign language, and rock climbing.
- Two hours from New York and two and a half hours from Boston, in the hills of northwest Connecticut, is a small, rural town called Litchfield.
- Forman School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- J Seward Johnson II, a bronze sculptor; David Rublin, a member of the band American Authors; Richard Henkels, an award-winning filmmaker; Eli Gesner, one of the original members of ZooYork; are a few examples of notable graduates or alumni. Blake Miller is a professional lacrosse player. Nicholas Kraus is the founder of the Wounded Warrior project. Toni Fishman is the owner of Telefunken. Shawn Lerner is the owner of Zip-Flyer, LLC, which built the largest zipline in the world, Las Vegas Slotzilla. Perkins – Purchased The Orvis Co. , Inc. in 1965 and built it into a significant presence.
Frequently Asked QuestionsHow much does Forman School cost?
Forman Schools’ boarding tuition is roughly $85,900, while day students pay $70,200. What is the acceptance rate of Forman School?.
The acceptance rate of Forman School is 80%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58% Who are famous alumni from Forman School?.
J Seward Johnson II, David Rublin, Richard Henkels, Eli Gesner, Mitchell Block, Toni Fishman, Shawn Lerner, Blake Miller, Nicholas Kraus, and Leigh H. Forman are just a few of the notable former students. Perkins. What sports does Forman School offer?.
Alpine skiing, basketball, climbing, crew, cross country, dance, equestrian, football, golf, kayaking, lacrosse, rock climbing, sailing, snowboarding, soccer, softball, tennis, ultimate frisbee, volleyball, and wrestling are among the 22 interscholastic sports available at Forman School. Does Forman School offer a summer program?.
Yes, Forman School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information. What is Forman Schools ranking?
Forman School is among the top 20 boarding schools for having low student-teacher ratios and small average class sizes. When is the application deadline for Forman School?.
The Forman School has a rolling application deadline, meaning that applications are evaluated as they come in throughout the year.
Alumni ReviewsReview SchoolReviewDescription
Add to Compare (5)
Add to Compare (30)
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 240 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $85,900
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $70,200
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Request InformationI am a:ParentStudent Email: Name of parent: Student first name: Student last name: Student date of birth: Student is:MaleFemale Currently in grade: Seeking entry for grade: Target start date: Please briefly describe academic, athletic, and extracurricular interests of the student: Home address: City: Country: State: Zip: (enter “N/A” if not applicable)Phone:
Forman Changes Lives
How hard is it to get into the Cate School?
Cate is one of this nation’s most selective boarding schools, accepting under 20% of our applicants each year
How many acres is Forman School?
Forman School Photo #7 – The Outdoor Leadership Program allows students to explore and challenge themselves in multiple areas of our 100+ acre campus and the surrounding rivers and mountains of Northwest Connecticut.
Is it hard to get into Blair Academy?
Blair Academy has 458 students enrolled and admits 27% of applicants The 1848-founded school in New Jersey was recognized for its architectural and historical significance in 1992 when it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
How much does it cost to go to Cate school?
Cate School’s tuition is approximately $69,515 for private students. What is the acceptance rate of Cate School? The acceptance rate of Cate School is 14%, which is lower than the national average of 84% The Cate School’s acceptance rate is among the lowest of all private schools in California.