Tuition and Acceptance Rate

Please use a supported browser to enjoy the best possible user experience. Here are a few we recommend:

Update my information Foothill College admissions officers will be in touch with you soon to discuss enrollment options.

A two-year college called Foothill College can be found in the suburban area of Los Altos Hills, California.


What Kind of Student Are You?

Let us assist you in determining the best route to a successful Foothill enrollment!

AB 540 is a California law that allows all students who qualify, including undocumented students, to pay in-state tuition fees at all public colleges and universities in California.

To be eligible, you must have

  • attended a high school in California for three or more years, whether it was public or private.
  • Prior to the start of the term for which you are applying at Foothill College, you graduated from a California high school or attained the equivalent (for instance, by passing the GED or California High School Proficiency exam).

Follow these steps if you qualify for AB 540 status

Do you want to take classes while working or has it been a while since you last attended one?

Visit or email Janie Garcia, our coordinator for adult learners, at garciajanie@fhda edu. She can help you with any queries you may have and give you the encouragement you require to begin working toward your academic objectives.

Follow these steps to get started!

  • Apply for admission to Foothill
  • Follow the enrollment procedures for Priority Registration if you intend to graduate, earn a certificate, or transfer to a 4-year university.
  • If you are enrolling in a class for personal growth, skip Step 2 and go to the section on how to sign up for classes.

Graduating High School Senior

We are glad you are here if you are a graduating high school senior and we hope you choose Foothill College as your next stop on your educational and life journey.

Whether you want to transfer to a 4-year university or prepare for a career, Foothill has a lot to offer at a reasonable price.

Be sure to check out Foothill College Promise. Foothill College will pay the full cost of tuition and fees for first-time, full-time students (12 units or more) in that year.


Depending on how near you are to receiving your high school diploma, you

  • Schedule a campus tour to learn more about Foothill and/or
  • To receive priority registration for the following fall quarter, attend a SOAR Workshop.

We look forward to seeing you on campus!

High School Dual Enrolled (9-12)

Grades 9–12 high school students may take classes at Foothill College without cost. *.

If you enroll in dual enrollment and take no more than 11 credits, Foothill College will waive all enrollment and other fees. Fall, winter, and spring quarters: 5 units; summer quarter: 6 units

** Textbook costs, other course fees like materials fees, and parking fees are not exempt from payment.

  • You need special permission from a parent or guardian and your high school principal or administrator to enroll in the dual enrollment program.
  • To get started, follow these Steps to Enroll

Follow these steps if you have already earned credit for coursework at another university and even if you only intend to take a summer course at Foothill.

  • Apply for Admission
  • Meet Assessment and/or Course Prerequisite Requirements
  • After submitting an application for admission and receiving your Foothill College student ID, consult a counselor. Our counselors offer several ways to meet with them to discuss your educational goals if you are only taking one class but have questions.
  • Register for Classes
  • Pay for Classes After Registering, Pay Your Fees Right Away We provide payment plans and financial aid options if you need assistance paying for college. Keep in mind that failing to pay on time may result in your dismissal from classes.

We are happy you plan to study at Foothill!

More than 700 students from more than 70 different countries receive counseling and support from our International Programs Office, which is specifically geared toward international students on F-1 visas.

To begin, go to the International Students Admissions page and finish the application.

When you join our community, we look forward to getting to know you!

We are happy you are thinking about becoming a member of the Foothill College community.

Our Veterans Resource Center’s compassionate counselors and staff are sympathetic to your needs and will assist you in transferring your military skills to civilian life.

To enroll in classes at Foothill if you have served in the military and are qualified for VA Education Benefits, follow these steps.

Returning to Foothill — You Missed a Quarter

You must reapply for admission to register for classes if you previously attended Foothill but were not enrolled during the previous quarter (this rule does not apply to summer sessions).

To rejoin the priority registration line after completing the priority enrollment requirements for priority registration, you must enroll as a continuing student once more.

We are glad you are back!

Student with a Disability

If you identify as a student in need of special accommodations, our Disability Resource Center (DRC) offers a wide range of support services.

We’ll assist you with the admissions application process and provide you with all the information you need to enroll in classes and do well in them.

For immediate Alternate Media needs, contact the DRC:

Location: Student Resource Center (5400) Email: [email protected] Phone: 650.949.7017

See who to contact if you have inquiries about other services.

If you are qualified for DRC services, adhere to these steps to sign up for classes at Foothill.

Several career programs have unique admission requirements, including additional testing and application forms. Some of these programs begin only in the fall quarter. You must fulfill all requirements for special admission during the prior spring quarter.

See websites for special admission forms

Until you have met the most recent California residency requirements, out-of-state students are still regarded as non-residents. This rule applies to visa-holding non-citizens eligible to establish residency. Non-resident tuition is required of all students in this category.

Some of the following states may prevent students from enrolling in classes at Foothill College. Please contact our Admissions & Records Office at 650. 949. 7325, or press A

Eligible Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) Holders

Education Code section 68075. 6 exempts eligible students with special immigrant visas (SIVs) and refugees who settled in California upon entering the country from paying nonresident tuition fees.

From the day the student arrived in the United States and settled in California, this exemption is given for a year.

The exemption applies to the following:

  • Iraqi nationals or citizens who worked for the United States government in Iraq (along with their spouses and children) (Pub L. No. 110-181 § 1244) .
  • Directly working with the US military were Afghan and Iraqi translators (along with their partners and kids) (Pub L. No. 109-163, § 1059) .
  • Afghan nationals who worked for the U.S. or on its behalf S. either in the Afghan government or the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) (Pub L. No. 111-8, § 602) .
  • Students who are refugees and are admitted to the country under Section 1157 of the United States Code

States with enrollment exceptions

  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Connecticut
  • Georgia
  • Maryland
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • Rhode Island
  • Washington, D.C.

If you have submitted an application for admission, registered at Foothill, and taken one of the following actions, you are a matriculated student.

  • Submitted high school and other transcripts;
  • examined educational opportunities with a Foothill College counselor, counseling associate, or career advisor;
  • Announced an intention to study for a degree or certificate;
  • taken the first in a series of introductory, general education, or specialty courses; or
  • started taking a series of special courses that will lead to a certificate or degree

Freshmen: Students with fewer than 45 units of college credit.

Students who have completed 45 or more college credits but haven’t been awarded a degree are considered sophomores.

Full-Time Students: Students carrying 12 or more units.

The Foothill-De Anza Community College District’s policy is that every course, course section, or class reported for state aid, wherever offered and maintained by the district, shall be fully open to enrollment and participation by any person who has been admitted to the college and who meets any prerequisites that may be established in accordance with the rules found in California Administrative Code Title V c.

Exceptions to Admissions & Registration Policies

You must submit an exception petition (PDF) in order to ask for a deviation from a publicly available policy. This form can be found in the Admissions Office or online.

Admissions and Records

Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101

Winter Hours

Regular Hours: Jan. 16–March 31


Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.

*Friday: 8 a.m.–3 p.m. (Virtual Only)

Contact Us Virtually

Please contact us by Phone, Email, Chat or Help Form during business hours. NOTE: Phone service available 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Thursday and 9 a.m.–Noon Friday.


Feb. 17-20: Presidents Day Weekend


Please visit or contact the Main Campus for in-person or virtual services.

Academic Dates & Deadlines

Presidents Day Weekend. College closed through Feb.

Foothill College was founded in 1957 and is located at 12345 El Monte Road in Los Altos Hills, California.



What GPA do you need to get into Foothill College?

Earn a minimum 2. 0 GPA in all CSU-transferable coursework. NOTE: Some majors may require a higher GPA for admission.

Can anyone go to Foothill College?

All high school graduates and non-graduates who are at least 18 years old are eligible to apply to Foothill. If our Allied Health programs are of interest to you, move on to the special admission forms. IF you are an out-of-state student, skip to residency requirements.

How many students go to Foothill College?

Public, two-year Foothill College is a member of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District. The Western Association of Schools and Colleges’ (WASC) Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) has granted Foothill College accreditation.

Leave a Comment