Requirements to apply to the Dental Hygiene program
High School Requirements
- grades of B/B or higher in Algebra I, Geometry, or Algebra II
- Laboratory Biology with grades of B/B and above (Regents score of 75% and above)
- Laboratory Chemistry with grades of B/B+ and above.
College Requirements *By the priority deadline of January 15, all prerequisite courses should be finished.
- If you didn’t get a B or higher in math in high school, you should take MTH 110 – Statistics or MTH 116 – College Algebra.
- If you don’t have a B/B or higher in biology or living environment with a lab from high school, you can take BIO 120/120L General Biology or BIO 123/123L The Human Body in Health and Disease.
- Principles of Chemistry (CHM 124/124L) (if you don’t have a B/B or higher in Chemistry from high school)
- EGL 101: Composition 1 – College Writing.
- Anatomy and Physiology (taken within the last 7 years; Anatomy and Physiology 1 is required for applicants because many colleges do not offer this specific Anatomy and Physiology course) BIO 166
- For applicants who have taken ESL courses in high school or college and those with secondary credentials from nations where English was not the primary language of instruction, a TOEFL exam with a minimum score of 79 will be necessary.
Visit farmingdale to view a list of transfer course equivalents by institution. edu/transfer-equivalencies.
* Take note that you must have earned a “B” or higher in each of the aforementioned classes. Even if you meet the requirements, you might still not be accepted into the program. Applications are academically ranked for limited seats. Depending on the applicant pool each year, the college reserves the right to make final decisions.
How do I begin taking the required courses for admission to Dental Hygiene?
You have successfully logged out of myFSC.
For security reasons, please exit your web browser. Mac users should quit their web browser.
**I DIDN’T GET INTO THE DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM **WHAT DO I DO NOW ⁉️
How hard is it to get into Farmingdale?
The acceptance rate at Farmingdale State College is 46. 1%. For every 100 applicants, 46 are admitted. This means the school is moderately selective. The school is more accommodating than other schools and still expects you to meet their GPA and SAT/ACT requirements.
What average do you need to get into Farmingdale?
Students who are applying directly from high school must meet the general admissions requirements, which include a B/B average. Students who attended college after high school graduation are required to have a 2 GPA or higher. 5GPA.
How much does a dental hygienist make on Long Island?
In Suffolk County, New York, a dental hygienist makes an average yearly salary of $52,500. In Suffolk County, New York, dental hygienist salaries can range from $29,000 to $97,500 and are influenced by a number of variables, such as training, experience, employer, bonuses, tips, and more.
Is there a demand for dental hygienists?
Right now, dental hygiene is a growth field. Per the BLS, the growth in demand for a dental hygienist is twice that of a dentist (6% vs 3% for a dentist, for the period 2019 to 2029). That 6% is also faster than the average career, so demand for this type of work is probably also increasing in your region