Here, we have discussed Durham College’s admissions procedure and acceptance rate. Durham College is a well-known college of applied arts and technology in Ontario.
One of the colleges founded in Ontario in the 1960s is DC. Many students could choose from academic programs when it first opened as a small college of applied arts and technology in the middle of the 1960s. Today, Durham College is a prestigious institution that provides over 43,000 students with full-time, fast-track, diploma to degree business programs.
The ideal educational setting for students interested in studying information technology, media arts, science, skilled trades, or engineering technology is Durham College.
Knowing Durham College’s entrance requirements, costs, and acceptance rate is crucial for your search if you plan to attend. You can learn useful details about Durham’s acceptance rate and the college application process in this article.
The establishment of Durham College dates back to 1965. Then-former Ontario education minister Bill Davis proposed legislation to establish applied arts and technology colleges across the province. As a result of this initiative, several colleges of applied arts and technology were founded in Ontario.
Durham College was established as a school of applied arts and technology in 1967. In September 1967, with 14 employees and about 205 students present, Durham College held its first classes.
At this time, Durham College is home to more than 43,000 students. The Ontario-based college has two main campuses. Co-located in Oshawa with Durham College is Ontario Tech University DC shares facilities with Ontario Tech University.
A second campus for the college was built in Whitby in the early 1900s to accommodate the rising enrollment.
Engineering and technology, media studies, business, information technology, skilled trades, emergency services, science, and health sciences are just a few of the academic fields Durham College offers. Thousands of apprentices have obtained their certificates and the necessary skills at the DC Skills Training Center.
Top Programs in the Durham College
|Programs||Fees Per Annum|
|Bachelor of Health Care Technology Management||$12,866|
|Diploma Accounting – Business||$9,992|
|Diploma Chemical Engineering Technology||$9,992|
Durham College Teaching Quality
The best professors are respected in their field, care deeply about your success, and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the classroom. Numerous of our professors have won honors and been acknowledged by prestigious institutions. On each program page of our website, you can download the program guide to find detailed contact information. Students have exclusive access to knowledge and industry insight thanks to professors who have years of real-world experience in their courses, giving them a competitive edge after graduation.
Faculty Ratio, 38 : 1 .
Advantages of Durham College
- AN ACCESSIBLE CAMPUS
- HIGH QUALITY TEACHING
- RELEVANT PROGRAMS
Durham College Scholarships/ Financial Aid
In order to fulfill its commitment to providing high-quality education, Durham College offers a number of scholarships and bursaries to those who apply. International students wishing to study in Canada may apply for these awards based on their academic and personal excellence, involvement in the community, and leadership abilities.
- Prior to the deadline, the candidate must have submitted his or her application and paid the fee specified in the offer letter.
- continue to be enrolled in a DC program after the tenth day of the semester
|Amount of Award (in USD)||Eligibility|
|Up to 750||Academic Excellence in their program of study|
|Up to 938||Grade 12 English final of 80%, academic IELTS 7.5, TOEFL (iBT) 102, and others|
|Up to 1,500||Grade 12 English final of 85%, academic IELTS 8.0, TOEFL (iBT) 110, among others|
Note: Only applicants who are enrolled full-time at DC are eligible for scholarships and awards.
- Professor of higher education and Ontario Hockey League general manager Sherwood Bassin
- Jeffrey S. Boyce, the CEO and President of Sure Energy Inc. (General Business – Marketing, 1980), and recipient of the Premiers Award in 2006; and.
- A musician, filmmaker, and artist known for his short films “Sassquatch” and a Robin Williams portrait that went viral in 2014 is Tyler Boyco (Digital Video Production, 2014).
- Dylan Jón Hannesson, CEO of the German board “Krautchan,” graduated from marketing in 2011. net”.
- Former hockey player Brandon Nolan (Business Administration – Marketing 2013), vice-president of the Ted Nolan Foundation, and consultant for Ishkonigan Incorporated’s community and client relations
- Patricia OConnor, a founding member of the Canadian Association of Aero-Medical Transport and a recipient of the Premiers Award in 2009 and the Order of Canada in 2007, graduated from nursing in 1976.
- Paul Vessey, COO of Visa USA and 2000 Premiers Award winner (Marketing, 1975);
- Fred Upshaw (registered nurse, 1975) served as OPSEU’s president and is a representative of 110,000 public sector employees in Ontario.
- Jeffrey S. Boyce is also the co-founder and former president and CEO of Vermilion Resources, a $1 billion oil and gas exploration and production company. Boyce earned his business administration degree in marketing in 1980.
- Bev Woods (Dental Hygiene, 1986) Bev was president of the Bay of Quinte Dental Hygienists Society and the Ontario Dental Hygienists Association in addition to serving on the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario’s council.
- The youngest CEO in the history of the company is Brandon Bird, CEO of Bird Mechanical Ltd. (Level 3 Plumber Apprentice Certificate, 2012).
- The founder and CEO of Loraxian, Inc. is Roland Kielbasiewicz (Business Operations Management, 1990). The business specializes in the creation, financing, ownership, and administration of sustainable infrastructure projects both domestically and abroad.
English Language Requirement:
- UG: Academic Over all score of 6. 0 and no module less than 6. 0.
- PG: Academic Over all score of 6. 5 and no module less than 6. 0.
The following applicants won’t need to provide any additional supporting documentation:
- Grade 12 English credit at the C or U level
- Post-secondary domestic English credit
- Successful test outcome from the Durham College Test Center’s Accuplacer English assessment.
- Academic IELTS: 6.5, no band score less than 6.0 or
- IBT TOEFL: 88, with minimum section scores of 22 or
- Pearson PTE: 58-64 or
- CAEL: Overall score of 70, no section below 70 or
- For certificates, diplomas, and advanced degrees, Duolingo English Test scores of 110 and higher and scores of 120 and higher are required.
For more details Click Here
|Rank||Top 50 among Canada’s Research Colleges|
|Courses||More than 140|
|No. of Campuses||2|
|Employment rate, 2019||Around 87%1|
|Application Fee||75 USD|
|English Language Proficiency Tests||TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent|
|Financial Aid for International Students||Available as Scholarships and Bursaries|
Durham College Average Tuition Fees And Other Expenses
Before submitting an application to seek admission at DC, applicants should consider the following list of costs in addition to tuition:
|Type of Expenditure||Cost (per month, in USD)|
|Residence||300 to 656|
|Books and Supplies||375|
|Total||1,253 to 1,609|
Know more about Studying in Canada
|Tuition Fees in Canada (1st Year Average)||BE / BTech: CA$22,600 | MBA: CA$25,375 | MS: CA$17,225 | BBA: CA$20,560 | MEng: CA$22,225 | BSc: CA$20,745 | MASc: CA$20,375 | MIM: CA$28,900 | MA: CA$12,970 | MFin: CA$32,785 | BHM: CA$20,560 | MEM: CA$17,040|
|Average Accomodation & Food Costs in Canada||CA$8890 Per Year|
|Entrance Exams in Canada||TOEFL: 86 | IELTS: 6.5 | PTE: 60 | GRE: 309 | GMAT: 560 | SAT: 1177|
|Work and Study in Canada||Permitted for 20 hours/week with a valid study permit.|
|Post Study Work Permit in Canada||Up to 3 Years after graduation depending on the course.|
|Cost of Student Visa in Canada||CAD 150|
|Student Visa in Canada||A Canada student permit is a document issued by IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) for international students in Canada. To study in Canada, you will require a student permit, which serves as a student visa.|
|Intakes in Canada||There are Three Intakes in Canada: Fall (September), Winter (January) and Spring (May)|
|Top Job Sectors in Canada||Business Management, Engineering, Economics, Dentisty, Law, Computer Science.|
|Economy in Canada||GDP Growth of 1.9% (2018) 1.5% (2019e), 10th Largest Economy in the World by Nominal|
Durham College Average Tuition Fee Per Year
$ 5,263 Please note that fees will vary. Always verify the program’s exact cost and take into account potential supplemental costs.
Average Tuition Fee Per Year
* Please note that fees may vary. Always verify the program’s exact cost and take into account potential supplemental costs.
Durham College English score required
IELTS Undergraduate : 6.0
IELTS Postgraduate : 6.5
TOEFL Undergraduate : 88
TOEFL Postgraduate : 88
PTE Undergraduate : –
PTE Postgraduate : –
* Please be aware that the minimum English language score required varies depending on the course. Always check exact requirement for the programme.
Durham College Contact Details
2000 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ontario (ON), L1G 0C5, Canada
Durham College Location
I ranked every Durham University College so you dont have to
Is Durham University difficult to get into?
Just 6,160 students received acceptance letters from the university after receiving more than 32,570 applications.
What average do you need to get into Durham College?
You must follow the GPA guidelines and obtain a 2 0 GPA in order to graduate. In order to better serve students and stay current with business/industry standards, Durham College reserves the right to change the program requirements.
What is the rank of Durham College?
Ranking & Accolades Durham College is ranked “#82” in “Top Universities” by “QS World University Rankings. ” Durham College ranks “#162” in “World University Rankings 2022” by “Times Higher Education. ” It is ranked “#263” in “Best Global Universities” by “U. S. News & World Report. “.
What is Durham College famous for?
High caliber instruction The best instructors are respected in their fields, care deeply about your success, and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the classroom. Numerous of our professors have won honors and been acknowledged by prestigious institutions.