But as a research institution, we love facts. In order to give you a better understanding of our university and student body before you visit campus, we have gathered some information.
on Reuters annual listing of the Worlds Most Innovative Universities Admission Stats SAT Scores (middle 50%) 1420-1510
Case Western: Acceptance Rate – Class of 2025
A record number of applicants (33,232) were received for the Class of 2025. The acceptance rate was 30% which was identical to the figure for the Class of 2024
Case Western: Early Decision Acceptance Rate – Class of 2025
318 applicants for Case Western’s Early Decision program were chosen from a total of 888 applicants. This acceptance rate of 36% shows that ED applicants receive a slight boost to their admissions prospects
Case Western Reserve University Admissions – SAT, ACT, GPA, and Class Rank
Those enrolled in the Class of 2025 had truly exceptional academic credentials, boasting a mid-50% SAT range of 1420-1520 and an ACT range of 32-35 Sixty-two percent of incoming freshmen placed in the top decile of their high school class; 95% were in the top quartile Looking at unweighted GPA, 17% of students earned a perfect 4 0, while 62% possessed better than a 3. 75.
Admissions Trends & Notes – Class of 2025
- Through the fall of 2024, Case Western will continue its test-optional pilot program. Last year, 39% of accepted students submitted an SAT score and 27% included an ACT result with their application
- 10% of the Class of 2025 had a family member who previously graduated from Case Western
- 13% of the Class of 2025 are first-generation students.
- Freshmen in the 2021–22 cohort are matriculating from 1,150 different high schools around the world.
- 3,641 people eventually got on the waitlist after 4,992 applicants accepted a spot on it.
Who Gets Into Case Western?
Let’s look at the demographics of CWRU undergraduates:
Members of the Case Western Class of 2025 originated from the following geographical areas:
- Middle Atlantic: 24%
- New England: 7%
- Midwest: 13%
- South: 9%
- Southwest: 4%
- West: 11%
- Outside of the U.S.: 15%
- Ohio: 17%
The breakdown of the current Spartan undergraduate student body’s ethnic composition is as follows:
- Asian American: 23%
- Hispanic: 10%
- African American: 4%
- International: 14%
- White: 42%
- Two or more races: 5%
The Class of 2025 will have students from 76 different countries, with the following countries having the highest representation:
Male students make up a greater percentage of the undergraduate student body as broken down by gender:
Many of the freshmen entering in 2021–22 participated in the following activities in high school:
- Volunteering: 80%
- Sports: 68%
- Arts: 54%
- Part-time job or caring for a family member at home: 47%
- Student government: 22%
Case Western’s Yield Rate
Case Western%E2%80%99s yield rate%E2%80%94the percentage of accepted students who elect to enroll, divided by the total number of students who are admitted was only 16% for the Class of 2025 This is lower than many other schools that CWRU applicants are also considering such as: Purdue (23%), Georgia Tech (38%), and Ohio State (30%)
How Case Western Reserve University Rates Applicants
CWRU lists the applicant’s GPA, extracurricular activities, rigor of secondary school record, and extracurricular activities as four factors that are “very important” to their admissions process. The Case Western evaluation process identifies seven factors as “important.” These include letters of recommendation, essays, a test, a personality test, a talent test, a character test, a personal qualities test, and volunteer work.
In the CWRU admissions office’s own words:
- Your academic background, life experiences, and interests are all taken into consideration by our admissions counselors as they carefully review each application. ”.
- We superscore our students’ test results, which means we use their highest SAT and ACT scores for each section. If you took the test more than once, your evaluation will be based on the highest mark you obtained on each test section. ”.
- “We recommend taking an additional year of math and laboratory science (4 years instead of 3) if you’re interested in engineering or the sciences,” the statement reads. We’d advise taking another year of social studies and a foreign language if you’re leaning more toward the liberal arts. ”.
Tips for Applying to Case Western
If you intend to be one of the 33,000 applicants for Case Western in the upcoming admissions cycle, you should be aware of the following:
- Case Western still provides online one-on-one interviews with a member of the admissions staff despite the large number of applicants. For tips on how to impress, visit our blog titled Virtual College Admissions Interview Tips.
- Case Western considers “demonstrated interest” in the admissions process. This means that visiting campus, interacting on social media, emailing an admissions officer, etc. could give you an advantage.
- To meet the Early Action Deadline, submit your application by November 1st. The deadlines for Early Decision I and II are November 1 and January 15, respectively. The Regular Decision deadline is also January 15.
- The CWRU application does not require any additional essays. You should therefore focus all of your efforts on the primary Common App Essay Prompts.
Should I Apply to Case Western?
Successful Case Western applicants typically have high school GPAs of A/A- and average standardized test scores that are above the 95th percentile of all test takers. If you are a candidate with a slim chance of acceptance, applying for ED may help.
Every high school student planning to attend college should create a list of suitable colleges that includes both “target” and “safety” schools. This can be accomplished with the assistance of an admissions specialist who is knowledgeable about the most recent developments and tactics utilized by the colleges you are considering.
What are we looking for when we evaluate an application from an international student?
Is CWRU prestigious?
editorial. Cleveland, Ohio’s Case Western Reserve is a renowned private university. It is a mid-sized institution with 5,286 undergraduate students enrolled. Admissions is fairly competitive as the Case Western Reserve acceptance rate is 30%
Is Case Western a Tier 1 school?
UT Austin College of Liberal Arts, Villanova, Northeastern, Brandeis, Case Western Reserve, Occidental, Washington and Lee University, Babson College, Virginia Tech, UC San Diego, Lafayette College, UIUC, University of Florida, and DePauw are among the Tier 3 institutions.
Is it hard to get into CWRU?
Sporting a 30% acceptance rate and an average SAT score well above 1400, Case Western is an extremely selective university in 2022 Since CWRU receives a large number of exceptionally qualified applicants each year, it is crucial for prospective Spartans to be fully aware of their competition.
What GPA do you need for CWRU?
Achieve at least a 3. 75 GPA while taking the most challenging classes available. Considering that the students accepted to Case Western for the 2020–2021 academic year had an average GPA of 3, 75, in order to improve your chances of admission, you should concentrate on maintaining a GPA that meets or exceeds these requirements.