Search formEnter the terms you wish to search for.Submit Search
When applicants satisfy both university-wide and specific departmental eligibility requirements, they are given consideration for admission to CSUN.
To be accepted into the program, candidates must * have the following qualities:
- An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited U. S. institution or international equivalent with a GPA of 3. a master’s degree with a GPA of three and a 21 or higher 0 or higher.
- All prerequisite course grades must be “C” or higher. Priority will be given to applicants who can conclusively show they have fulfilled all requirements. Upper division undergraduate courses and those that combine prerequisite material will be evaluated individually for potential compliance with minimum requirements. No pre-requisite courses or degrees in progress will be taken into consideration; all prerequisite coursework must appear on transcripts by the application deadline.
- Any candidate for admission to the Accelerated Bachelor of Science Nursing program may be required to attend a personal interview.
* Please note: Application requirements are subject to change. The most recent information can be found on this page, so please keep checking it.
Applicants must submit a complete application by the posted final application deadline:
- An online application (see the Apply page), which should contain the following information: A strong statement of purpose A resume Recent Volunteer Experience with Validating Documents (if applicable, not required for admission) – applicants with unpaid volunteer experience that involved patient care in a clinical setting within 24 months of the application deadline are asked to include information about the location(s), institution(s), number of hours completed, and a brief description of the experience. Please note that CNA/EMT etc. school training/clinical hours are not considered volunteer hours. You will also need to upload documentation to validate. Acceptable forms of proof include: A written letter detailing duties and hours from a manager or supervisor who oversaw volunteer or unpaid work on the organization’s letterhead Timesheet/Log of hours – Please note that due to technical restrictions, individual file sizes can not exceed 2MB Clinical Certifications and/or Licenses (if applicable, not necessary for admission) – Applicants who have the necessary clinical certifications a. ) will be required to list them in the online application along with the dates they were finished. You will also need to upload documentation to validate. Acceptable forms of documentation include: a PDF copy or scanned copy of the certificate or license, which is required for ABSN science prerequisite information on the online application. For each science prerequisite, applicants must enter their grade, number of units taken, date completed (term and year), course number, and educational institution where they completed the course. Additional details about the requirements can be found further down this page and on the ABSN Document Upload and Additional Applicant Guidance (see the Apply page, under STEP 1). Acknowledgement of Self-Disclosure of Scheduling Availability – Prior to beginning their application, all applicants to the CSUN ABSN program are required to carefully read and confirm their understanding of the responsibilities outlined in the Self-Disclosure of Scheduling Availability Agreement. On the webpage with application instructions, under STEP 1, there is a link to the most recent Agreement. It is also available here: https://tsengcollege csun. edu/sites/default/files/programs/ABSN_Agreement. You will be asked to confirm that you understand the Self-Disclosure of Scheduling Availability Agreement in a question on the online application (pdf).
- Authentic transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended, regardless of whether credits were earned, transferred, or applied toward a degree. Previous CSUN students are exempt from submitting their transcripts. applicants with a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a school outside the U S. (i. e. have a non U. S. degree) should carefully read the information under “Applicants with a degree from outside the United States” and adhere to Step 2b of the Application Instructions for further guidance to ensure a complete application.
Total Prerequisite Courses (19 units)
There is no requirement to repeat any of the following courses that were finished as part of the first degree program. Course equivalencies can be checked at assist. org at a public California community college or at the majority of California State Universities If your campus is unable to provide you with a suitable articulation agreement, you can speak with a counselor there or email the department at [email protected]. edu. You must email the department with the full course name, number, and description (which is typically located in the institution’s catalog) for review.
Please carefully review the following – Science prerequisite courses:
Science Prerequisites (19 units)
Within seven (7) years of the application deadline, all prerequisites in science must have been satisfied (and all final grades must have been recorded on submitted transcripts). Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we will accept online prerequisite labs completed between 2020 and 2022. To meet the prerequisite requirements for the CSUN Nursing program, both the lecture and lab portions of each prerequisite must be taken at the same time.
Applicants with a degree from outside the United States
Candidates must submit the following in order to be accepted into the program:
- Official transcripts for a bachelor’s degree. Degrees from outside the U. S. must be equivalent to a U. S. 4-year degree. *.
- a report on the evaluation of international credentials that details each course’s analysis and the degree it leads to, the U S. a cumulative grade point average, the date of graduation, and the degree’s equivalency from a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member
- Complete transcripts/degree certification in the source language and an authorized translation into English If translated within the U. S. , must be completed by an American Translators Association (ATA) member, a court-certified interpreter or translator, or a member of the consular staff of a foreign country.
- One full set of legible photocopies of the aforementioned records (official transcript or degree certification, assessment report, English translation), front and back. Please take note that the photocopy requirement is waived if you are submitting sealed official documentation.
* Email collexl@csun if you’d prefer to hand deliver your original international transcript or degree certification. edu to schedule an appointment.
English proficiency requirements The CSUN Accelerated Bachelor of Science program accepts the English language tests and minimum scores listed in the table below.
Exception: If a graduate applicant holds a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a U.S. institution with regional accreditation S. no English language proficiency test, such as the TOEFL, is necessary.
Applicants for graduate programs who hold bachelor’s or master’s degrees from institutions outside the United States must S. The TOEFL or another English language proficiency test is not necessary when English is the primary language of instruction. Please note:
- Where English is the principal language of instruction, according to CSUN, means that students are instructed academically in English at all levels of education and that the school is situated in a nation where English is the primary language of communication for most citizens.
- Australia, Belize, Canada, England, Ireland, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and a few Commonwealth Caribbean countries (Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, and Trinidad and Tobago) currently meet this requirement.
International students, please note:
|Currently, students on F-1 visas are not authorized to participate in the A-BSN program.|
|No I-20s are available for the A-BSN program at this time.|
|Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.|
I GOT ACCEPTED INTO NURSING SCHOOL | ACCELERATED NURSING PROGRAM | THINGS I CONSIDERED
What is the easiest ABSN program to get into?
Highest Acceptance Rate Accelerated BSN Programs for 2022West Virginia University Regis College. DeSales University. University of South Alabama. Drexel University. Oklahoma City University. Loyola University Chicago. Clemson University.
Is CSUN nursing hard to get into?
Out of the hundreds of applicants, only 60 students per year are accepted (30 summer and 30 admits). A minimum of 3. 0 cumulative grade point average on a 4. 0 scale is required. Candidates must have completed prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of “C.” within the past seven (7) years prior to admission.
Are ABSN programs worth it?
Accelerated nursing programs are worth it for many reasons. A fulfilling career with a competitive salary and significant room for growth is made possible by an ABSN. You’ll be in demand and have the option to select a specialty that is all your own. Accelerated programs let you save time and graduate sooner.
Is CSUN ABSN accredited?
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education has accredited the CSUN Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. * Important Information for Applicants: Due to the overwhelming interest, the ABSN application system closes automatically once it reaches a certain capacity.