What You Need to Know
- If you have completed more than 12 credits at another college or university since graduating from high school and have applied as an external transfer student, you should do so. Current Cornell students should review the information for internal transfers before deciding whether to transfer within the University.
- The financial aid and transfer application deadline is March 15.
- We accept external transfer applications for fall entry only.
- As part of the application, we require a properly filled-out transfer course description form. Forms are specific to your desired major. After you have officially submitted your application, you should submit this document.
- We offer transfer admission into 13 different engineering major programs.
- Taking the SAT or ACT is not required. It is advised that you have an official score report sent to Cornell by the testing company if you have previously taken the SAT or ACT. If you have never taken the SAT or ACT, you are not required to do so.
- You must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score if you’re an international transfer applicant and English isn’t your first language.
- After reviewing this website, if you still have any questions, please email us at engr_trans_adm@cornell. edu.
The College Report and Mid-Term Report from the Common Application (CA) are accepted by us. Don’t forget to submit the course description form for your major along with the rest of your application materials to let us know about your coursework. Navigation Heading for Screen Readers.
Eleven new faculty members joined Cornell Engineering for the 2022–2023 academic year. While their research interests range from estimating financial risk to comprehending and managing quantum Discover more about the eleven new faculty members who joined Cornell Engineering for the fall 2022 semester.
Academic focus: As a professor of practice, operations research, and information engineering, my main academic focus is teaching, although I also see some fantastic opportunities to Johannes Wissel: Bringing knowledge of the financial sector to the classroomSpotlight
Academic area of expertise: Platforms for information provision and autonomous services are the subject of my research as an assistant professor of operations research and information engineering. Research summary. Creating and implementing a just, sustainable, and effective urban transportation infrastructure by Manxi Wu
Using artificial intelligence, Cornell engineers have simplified models that accurately gauge the fine particulate matter in urban air pollution – exhaust from cars and trucks that get into human… Read more about AI improves detail, estimate of urban air pollutionNews
Key positions in the recently announced ACE Center for Evolvable Computing, a Joint University Microelectronics Program 2, are held by electrical and computer engineering faculty from Cornell Engineering. 0 (JUMP. To learn more, visit Center for Evolvable Computing News: ECE faculty help launch.
A novel combination of artificial intelligence and production techniques could change the future of nanomedicine, according to Cornell researchers using a new $3 million grant from the National… Read more about Engineers to advance nanomedicine manufacturing using AI
Interesting Cornell Engineering Statistics
HOW TO GET INTO COLLEGE Ep3: Cornell (3 quick tips for admissions)
Can you transfer into Cornell engineering?
You can build on that foundation in your chosen engineering major at Cornell Engineering. Students are welcome to apply to transfer into Cornell Engineering if they have previously attended colleges, universities, or community colleges. We also welcome applications from international students.
What GPA is required for Cornell transfer?
Strong academic record at the college level. Competitive applicants have at least a 3. 0 (B) average. Note: A minimum GPA of 3 is required for Applied Economics and Management and Biological Sciences. 5.
What is the acceptance rate for Cornell engineering?
Since 2019, 200 community college students have consistently been able to transfer to Ivy League universities. According to reports, Cornell University admits the most community college transfer students. Brown University comes in third, followed by The University of Pennsylvania.