The top 100 American colleges with the highest acceptance rates for incoming freshmen in 2022 are listed below. These institutions take pride in welcoming as many students as they can each year, in contrast to some colleges and universities that only accept a certain percentage of applicants.
What Colleges Have the Lowest and Highest Acceptance Rates?
Our list of 150 schools has acceptance rates from 4-99%. Here are some of the colleges with the lowest and highest acceptance rates, despite the fact that there is a lot of middle ground on the list.
10 Colleges With the Lowest Acceptance Rates
The majority of the schools with the lowest acceptance rates are not particularly shocking.
Many Ivy League colleges have acceptance rates of less than 10% Remember that this rate is impacted by the fact that these schools typically accept a large number of applications each year.
The Harvard acceptance rate is just 4%. Similarly, Caltech, MIT, Princeton, and Stanford boast acceptance rates of 4% This implies that only one in twenty-five applicants will be accepted.
- California Institute of Technology: 4%
- Harvard University: 4%
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 4%
- Princeton University: 4%
- Stanford University: 4%
- Yale University: 5%
- Brown University: 6%
- Dartmouth College: 6%
- Duke University: 6%
- University of Chicago: 6%
10 Colleges With the Highest Acceptance Rates
The vast majority of applicants are accepted by the colleges with the highest acceptance rates. Finding at least a few safety schools that you would be willing to attend if you weren’t accepted into your target schools is advised.
A whopping 99% of students who apply to Liberty University get accepted Marshall University, the University of New Mexico, Kansas State University, and the University of Maine all have acceptance rates of over 95%
- Liberty University: 99%
- Marshall University: 98%
- University of New Mexico: 97%
- Kansas State University: 96%
- University of Maine: 96%
- North Dakota State University: 95%
- University of Memphis: 95%
- University of Utah: 95%
- East Carolina University: 94%
- University of Kentucky: 94%
College Acceptance Rates for 150 Popular U.S. Schools
College acceptance rates can vary significantly. Apply to a variety of schools with various levels of competition. The following table displays the acceptance rates for 150 well-known U S. schools.
How Can You Raise Your Chances of Getting Accepted?
We advise taking proactive measures to make your application as competitive as possible if you intend to apply to colleges with low acceptance rates.
You can improve your chances of being accepted by doing the following things:
- In some colleges, the personal statement is the most significant component of your college application. You can describe who you are beyond the information in your application in the essay and how the school will benefit from having you there.
- Increase Your SAT/ACT Scores: Many colleges require SAT or ACT scores for admission. Utilize top-notch study tools for these exams, and concentrate on your greatest areas of weakness. Keep in mind that you can attempt to improve your score by taking your chosen test again at any time.
- Earn Good Grades in Hard Classes: For some of the most competitive schools, a demanding course load and high GPA are just the beginning. Being ambitious and performing well in school can greatly increase your chances of being accepted.
- Securing powerful letters of recommendation will help you stand out from other applicants. These letters should speak to your character, accomplishments, and what makes you unique.
- Early action or early decision applications, as well as any college or alumni interviews, can highlight your dedication to the university and your determination to enroll.
Top World Universities with the Highest Acceptance Rate
What college has a 100% acceptance rate?
The college with the highest acceptance rate is Bismarck State College, which is situated in North Dakota’s capital. BSC, the third-largest university in the state’s system of public universities, enrolls about 4,000 students yearly. The school accepts 100% of applicants.
What is the easiest but best college to get into?
- South Florida State College (Avon Park, Florida)
- St. …
- Thomas More College of Liberal Arts (Merrimack, New Hampshire)
- University of Texas- El Paso (El Paso, Texas)
- Utah Valley University (Orem, Utah)
- Wayne State College (Wayne, Nebraska)
- Wilmington University (New Castle, Delaware)
Which top university has the highest acceptance rate?
One of the easiest universities to get a spot at is New York University (NYU). It has the highest acceptance rate of 32%.
What college has a 5% acceptance rate?
11 Colleges With the Lowest Acceptance RatesSchool (state)Fall 2020 acceptance rateHarvard University (MA)5%Stanford University (CA)5%Columbia University (NY)6%Princeton University (NJ)6%