University of California, Berkeley admissions is most selective with an acceptance rate of 15% The application deadline is Nov. 30 and the University of California, Berkeley’s application fee is $70.
University of California, Berkeley admissions officers view a student’s GPA as a very important academic factor. Admissions officers at University of California, Berkeley take letters of recommendation into account rather than an applicant’s high school class rank. Learn more about College Compass to see additional academic factors along with other school data.
UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate 2022, 2024, 2025, and 2026 introduction continues below
From the UC Berkeley 2022 Acceptance Rate to the UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate for Class 2026 and the (UC Berkeley) Acceptance Rate 2024 and UC Berkeley Acceptance Percentage for Class 2026, with a full UC Berkeley out of state acceptance rate 2022, you will receive detailed information going forward. Last but not least, UC Berkeley’s 2022 SAT/ACT score requirements for transfer students and first-year students.
Also check out Northeastern Acceptance Rate [2022 to 2026]
Brief history about the UC Berkeley
The University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley, Berkeley, Cal, or California) is a public land-grant research university located in Berkeley, California. It is the founding campus of the University of California system and the state’s first land-grant university. It was established in 1868 as University of California. At its fourteen colleges and universities, which enroll over 31,800 undergraduate and 13,200 graduate students, over 350 degree programs are offered. One of the best universities in the world is Berkeley.
The prestigious research facilities at Berkeley, one of the founding members of the Association of American Universities, are all focused on science, engineering, and mathematics.
Check out Harvard acceptance Rate for all years
uc berkeley acceptance rate continues below
The university still keeps close ties with all three of the national laboratories it founded: Berkeley, Livermore, and Los Alamos. The university additionally contributed to the Manhattan Project, the discovery of 16 chemical elements, and contemporary developments in computer science and genomics. Berkeley is renowned for its involvement in politics and for the Free Speech Movement of the 1960s.
Berkeley’s athletic teams, primarily known as the California Golden Bears in the Pac-12 Conference, have won 107 national championships, and its former students and alumni have taken home 223 Olympic medals, including 121 gold medals.
Berkeley has more Nobel laureates (107), Turing Award winners (25), Fields Medalists (14), and Wolf Prize winners (30) among its alumni, faculty, and researchers than any other public university in the country. It is also associated with 34 Pulitzer Prizes, 19 Academy Awards, 108 MacArthur “Genius Grants,” and 68 National Medals of Science, more than any other public university. Seven presidents of state or government, six chief justices, including Chief Justice Earl Warren of the United States, 22 cabinet-level officials, 11 governors, and 25 living billionaires have all graduated from the university. Additionally, it is a major source of Marshall Scholars, MacArthur Fellows, and Fulbright Scholars. Numerous well-known businesses have been started by Berkeley graduates who are well known for their entrepreneurship, including Apple, Tesla, Intel, eBay, SoftBank, AIG, and Morgan Stanley. SOURCE
What is the UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate 2022, 2023, and 2026?
UC Berkeley acceptance rate is 17.5%.
This indicates that the overall acceptance rate for UC Berkeley is 17. 5%. Out of all applicants to UC Berkeley, only 17. 5% will be admitted into the Institution.
This further indicates how selective the school is. If your GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application requirements are met, you have a good chance of getting accepted to UC Berkeley.
Additionally, if your GPA or SAT/ACT scores are below average, you will have a very low chance of being admitted even if you meet all other entrance requirements.
What Really Matters When Applying to UC Berkeley (UC Berkeley)
- High School GPA Required
- High School Rank Recommended
- High School Transcript Required
- College Prep Courses Neither required nor recommended
- SAT/ACT Considered UC Berkeleyt not required
- Recommendations Required
Documents needed for admission.
Documents needed for admission. Because UC Berkeley will not return your documents once your application has been submitted, it is advised that all applicants send copies of their documentation rather than the originals.
Additional materials All applicants must send their supplemental materials (DVDs, s, articles, formats, etc.) for programs that require an audition or portfolio. ).
Financial aid for international applicants: International applicants should be aware that their request for financial aid during the application process will have an impact on the University of California, Berkeley’s decision to admit them.
Analysis of SAT results from UC Berkeley (New 1600 SAT)
25th percentile scores for the New SAT are 1300, and 75th percentile scores are 1530. A score of 1300 on the New SAT indicates that you are below average, while a score of 1530 indicates that you are above average.
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|Reading + Writing||690||640.||740.|
FAQs About UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate
This section focuses on frequently asked questions about the acceptance rate at UC Berkeley and other pertinent information.
What GPA is needed for UC Berkeley?
4.15 – 4.30 or higher
You must have an unweighted GPA of at least 4. 15 – 4. Given that most applicants to UC Berkeley have unweighted GPAs of 4, 30 must be taken seriously. 15 – 4. 30 or higher. To meet the GPA requirements for admission to UC Berkeley, you must primarily receive As and As- in your high school courses.
Is it difficult to get into UC Berkeley?
The acceptance rate at UC Berkeley in 2022 is 17. 5%. Accordingly, 17. UC Berkeley only accepts five applications out of every one hundred. With an admittance rate of only 17. 5%, UC Berkeley is extremely selective—and only getting more so.
Is UC Berkeley hard to get into?
With a 17. 5% acceptance rate, UC Berkeley admissions are extremely competitive.
What majors is UC Berkeley known for?
- Computer science 8.3%
- Econometrics and quantitative economics 7.4%
- Cell/cellular and molecular biology 7.1%
- Political science and government 4.7%
- Electrical and electronics engineering 4.4%
- Computer and information sciences, other3.8%
- Business administration and management3.8%
- Cognitive science3.4%
- Applied mathematics3.2%
- Environmental studies3.1%
- Mass communication/media studies2.8%
- Research and experimental psychology2.7%
- Social sciences2.3%
- English language and literature2.3%
- Biology/biological sciences2.3%
- Public health2.2%
- Legal studies1.8%
- Mechanical engineering1.7%
- Multi-/interdisciplinary studies1.1%
- Chemical engineering1.1%
- Nutrition sciences1%
- Natural resources/conservation0.9%
- Social work0.9%
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering0.8%
- Film/cinema/video studies0.8%
- Civil engineering0.8%
- American/united states studies/civilization0.8%
- International/global studies0.6%
- Environmental science0.6%
- Fine/studio arts0.6%
- Rhetoric and composition0.6%
- Operations research0.6%
- Ethnic studies0.5%
- Hispanic and latin american languages, literatures, and linguistics0.5%
- Art history, criticism and conservation0.4%
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts0.4%
- Natural resources conservation and research0.4%
- Materials science0.4%
- Urban studies/affairs0.3%
- Comparative literature0.3%
- French language and literature0.2%
- Environmental design/architecture0.2%
- Hispanic-american, puerto rican, and mexican-american/chicano studies0.2%
- Women’s studies0.2%
- Landscape architecture0.2%
- Engineering science0.2%
- Botany/plant biology0.2%
- Japanese language and literature0.1%
- German language and literature0.1%
- Asian studies/civilization0.1%
- Peace studies and conflict resolution0.1%
- African-american/black studies0.1%
- Nuclear engineering0.1%
- Engineering physics/applied physics0.1%
- Middle/near eastern and semitic languages, literatures, and linguistics0.1%
- Classical, ancient mediterranean and near eastern studies and archaeology0.1%
- Oceanography, chemical and physical0.1%
- Latin american studies0.1%
- Slavic languages, literatures, and linguistics0.1%
- Geophysics and seismology0.1%
- Forest sciences and biology0.1%
- Chinese language and literature< 0.1%
- Geology/earth science< 0.1%
- Foreign languages, literatures, and linguistics< 0.1%
- American indian/native american studies< 0.1%
- Engineering< 0.1%
- Scandinavian languages, literatures, and linguistics< 0.1%
- Planetary astronomy and science< 0.1%
- Atmospheric sciences and meteorology< 0.1%
- Forest management/forest resources management< 0.1%
- Near and middle eastern studies< 0.1%
- Environmental/environmental health engineering< 0.1%
- East asian languages, literatures, and linguistics< 0.1%
- Italian language and literature< 0.1%
- Classics and classical languages, literatures, and linguistics< 0.1%
- Latin language and literature< 0.1%
- Toxicology< 0.1%
Are UC Berkeley students smart?
All students at UC Berkeley compete for the best grade due to the competitive culture there. It is more difficult to stand out in the crowd at UC Berkeley than it is in high school because everyone there is either smarter than you or equally brilliant as you are. Nevertheless, everybody is incredibly cordial and helpful.
How Much is UC Berkeley Application fees?
The application fee for each campus of UC Berkeley is $70 ($80 for non-immigrant and international applicants). You can pay with a credit card or a check as long as you follow the application’s rules.
Wrapping Up UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate 2022, 2024, 2025, and 2026
All of the above-mentioned data are liable to change. As a result, we cannot guarantee that the data above will be entirely accurate when you read it. Please visit this school’s official website for further details. uc berkeley Video.
I’m confident that this article has provided you with all the information you need to know about the UC Berkeley acceptance rates for the classes of 2022 through 2026, as well as other information.
College Admissions: Inside the Decision Room
What GPA do you need to get into Cal?
California applicants must earn at least a 3. 0 GPA and nonresidents must earn a minimum 3. For this requirement, you must have a 4 GPA in all A-G or college-preparatory courses. See our instructions below to find out how to determine your UC GPA.
Is Cal or UCLA harder to get into?
High GPAs and SAT scores are prerequisites for admission to both universities. UCLA is very selective and only accepts applicants with a GPA of 3. 9 or more. UC Berkeley requires a GPA of 3. 89 from all its students. The recommended range for the average SAT score is between 1405 and 1600.
How hard is it to get into Cal?
You should aim for the 75th percentile, with a 1530 SAT or a 34 ACT, to have the best chance of getting in. You should also have a 3. 89 GPA or higher. If your GPA is below this, you must make up the difference with a higher SAT/ACT score.
Is it hard to get into Cal Berkeley?
UC Berkeley%27s acceptance rate is estimated to be under 12%, making it the hardest to get into within the University of California system, with the average admitted student boasting a weighted GPA of 4 25 or higher, alongside impressive test scores and stand-out extracurriculars!.