Christian nurses have the chance to show hurting people the compassion and care of Jesus, sometimes in the most trying or traumatic circumstances of their lives. You will gain the necessary knowledge to provide competent nursing care in Biola’s nursing program through challenging coursework, our skills and simulation labs, and clinical experiences at local hospitals and healthcare organizations.
Apply to Biola University as a pre-clinical nursing major.
- Complete the online application for Biola University.
- The time prior to working in hospitals or other healthcare organizations is referred to as “pre-clinical.”
- If you submit your application by December 1st, you’ll hear back by January 15th, and if you do so by February 15th, you’ll hear back by March 23rd.
- Conditions for admission to pre-clinical nursing:Entry into the university and declaration of a nursing major do not guarantee admission to the clinical nursing program later. Review the Clinical Nursing Program Student Selection Guidelines below because admission to the clinical program is competitive. Transfer applicants must declare their major as pre-clinical nursing. Students may apply to the clinical nursing program at Biola after completing at least one semester of coursework there. Review the Nursing, B. S. Utilize the Transfer Course Equivalency Tool (TES) and the Course Sequence page to determine how courses from your current institution will transfer.
Complete the pre-clinical nursing major requirements.
- You will take general education courses as well as specific pre-clinical nursing courses if you major in pre-clinical nursing.
- You will also enroll in the prerequisite course for clinical nursing, “Introduction to Professional Nursing,” before applying to the program. You will review the specific guidelines for applying to clinical nursing in this class, including the deadline.
Apply to the clinical nursing program.
- Specific information on how to apply to the clinical nursing program will be covered in the prerequisite course, “Introduction to Professional Nursing,” during your time in the pre-clinical nursing program. This course at Biola will also be required of transfer students.
- Note:There is an additional fee to apply to clinical nursing. The TEAS exam is required for the clinical nursing application. The Department of Nursing’s full-time nursing faculty members alone choose which students to admit to the clinical nursing program.
Be admitted to the clinical nursing program.
- Your admission status will be communicated to you by the nursing department. The Department of Nursing will send you an email to let you know when you can come pick up your decision letter from the department.
- Once you are admitted, the healthcare organizations with which the Department of Nursing has contracts will demand the following of you: Pass a criminal background check and physical examPass a 10-panel drug testSubmit proof that you have had all necessary immunizations, along with titer results. The current immunizations are in accordance with recommendations from clinical organizations used throughout the clinical program, including those for the MMR, TB screening, Hepatitis B, Tdap, Varicella, Covid-19 (including necessary boosters), and Flu. Prior to the start of the clinical program, students must have these and keep them up to date. These could change depending on the information facilities provide. Have a valid driver’s license, proof of personal auto insurance, and a current American Heart Association CPR/AED certification for the health care professional rescuer turned in by the deadline. A current passport is recommended.
- Although it is not necessary to have a valid passport to participate in the program, getting one is highly recommended if you want to take advantage of international nursing opportunities.
Clinical Nursing Program Student Selection Guidelines
The criteria for admitting pre-clinical nursing majors into the clinical nursing program are listed in the table below. Keep in mind that the full-time nursing faculty members within the Department of Nursing make all decisions regarding admission to the program.
|All applicants must:||
|Minimum requirements considered for letter of acceptance include:||
|Life factors which may enhance applicant’s potential for admission include, but are not limited to, the following:||
You may also be interested in
Nursing, B.S. at Biola University
Is Biola a good Nursing school?
The Biola Nursing program is a four and a half year program because all nursing students are required to fulfill the Biola Bible minor requirements.
How long is the Biola Nursing Program?
UCLA School of Nursing is extremely competitive. In fact, UCLA in general is highly competitive. For Fall 2021, there were 139,490 freshman applicants.
How hard is it to get into Nursing school at UCLA?
What is the easiest nursing school to get into in California? California State University%E2%80%94Bakersfield has an acceptance rate of 78%, which is higher than other schools in the state