As transfer acceptance rates greatly vary among the nation’s elite colleges and universities, it’s crucial to realistically assess your chances of admission if you’re hoping to transfer into the school of your dreams. For example transfer students are accepted a rate lower than 5% at Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Princeton, Caltech, and a handful of other highly-selective schools On the other end of the spectrum, excellent schools like University of Georgia, Ohio State University, and Southern Methodist University all sport acceptance rates well above 50% The data in the following table provides a database that can be sorted by freshmen vs. transfer admission rates.
3) High school information
- Secondary school official transcript. This should be sent directly from the high school.
- Financial aid application. Please review our list of financial aid deadlines if you plan to apply for financial need-based assistance from Bates.
- Standardized test scores (optional). Standardized tests like the SAT and ACT are not required to be submitted. For more information on our optional testing policy, please visit our website. Results of an English proficiency test, such as the TOEFL or IELTS, are required if English is not the native language or the primary language of instruction for four years in secondary school.
- Arts supplement (optional). You can add creative writing, music, theater, art, dance, and film supplements to your application portfolio. Only after submitting your application to Bates and receiving a PIN giving you access to your application status portal are supplemental materials able to be uploaded. Please visit our website for more information on how to submit each of these supplements.
Will my credit transfer to Bates?
Most of your liberal arts and science courses from accredited institutions that are comparable to Bates courses in terms of content, difficulty, and length will be transferred by Bates. Course credit must be transferred to Bates with a grade of at least a C.
The transfer credit review process and Bates degree requirements are both covered in the transfer credit policy at Bates. Please consult the Non-Bates Credit section in the Office of the Registrar for additional information regarding credit transfers.
As a transfer student, am I eligible for financial aid?
Yes, financial aid is available to all students regardless of citizenship status and is based on need. At Bates, we’re dedicated to providing for every financial need of our students.
I am a U.S. citizen applying for financial aid. What financial forms and documents to I need to submit?
Please see our website for required documents for U. S. citizens and permanent residents applying for financial aid.
I am a non-U.S. citizen applying for financial aid. What financial forms and documents do I need to submit?
Please see our website for required documents for non-U. S. and Canadian citizens applying for financial aid.
Will I get campus housing?
Yes, housing is guaranteed for all students. Based on a questionnaire sent before matriculation, new students are assigned rooms. Returning students choose rooms in an annual lottery system.
Can I choose to live off campus as a transfer student?
Bates is proudly a residential college. All students are required to live on campus, with the exception of those for whom Student Affairs has granted special permission.
When will I know if I have been accepted to Bates?
Decision letters for transfer admission candidates will be sent no later than May 15. If a student is accepted and wants to enroll, they must send a non-refundable deposit of U S. $300 by May 20. Please email Jared Rivers at [email protected] if this deposit is an obstacle for you and your family. edu) as soon as possible.
2 Andrews Road Lewiston, Maine 04240 Phone: 1-207-786-6255
Emoni Bates is Transferring to This College!
Do transfer students usually get accepted?
The first thing you should be aware of is that acceptance rates for college transfers are lower than those for freshmen. According to NACAC%27s 2019 State of College Admission report, the average admit rate for transfer students was 61% compared to 66% for freshmen
Which college has the highest transfer rate?
|Rank||School||Transfer Accept %|
Can you transfer to Bates College?
Transfer students are guaranteed on-campus housing and are eligible for need-based financial aid. Students who transfer to Bates typically have a college GPA in the range of 3 even though we don’t have a minimum requirement. 5 or higher (out of 4. 0) in a challenging liberal arts and sciences curriculum.
What is the easiest college to transfer to?
- University of Wyoming – 97%
- Washington & Jefferson College – 95%
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga – 94%
- Old Dominion University – 92%
- University of Oklahoma – 92%
- University of North Carolina at Asheville – 91%
- University of Kansas – 90%
- East Carolina University – 89%