Students at the Academy are accomplished scholars, athletes, artists, and explorers, just like their instructors. The Academy, one of the best schools in the nation, places each student on a personal, lifelong learning and doing path. Our students develop an understanding of the larger world and how they can go out and serve it with wisdom, conviction, and compassion through demanding coursework, close relationships with faculty and friends, and meaningful experiential education.
1,163 students in grades six through twelve attend the nondenominational, coeducational, independent Albuquerque Academy. Our student body’s diversity fosters respect for one another and the exchange of original ideas, two crucial elements of learning and development. Your child, too, possesses special abilities that our community can use to its advantage.
Using data and millions of student and parent opinions, Niche ranks close to 100,000 schools and districts.
Student BodyTotal Students1,183 studentsStudent Body TypeCo-ed% Students of Color56%State avg.: 52%Students by Grade
- Albuquerque Academy’s academic program is its core, and the wide range of rich learning opportunities we provide students daily exemplify the school’s mission. We strive to foster children’s natural passion for learning and to instill habits of lifelong curiosity and reflection, whether they are taking part in Model UN, coding in AP statistics, contrasting Zen Buddhism with western philosophy, or evaluating a portfolio of self-portraits.
- We hope to demonstrate and instill in students our most cherished values of kindness, empathy, creativity, inclusion, justice, lifelong learning, and connection to the natural world and the Southwest through the way we approach teaching, student leadership, community service, and many other facets of school life. We think our students leave the Academy with the ability to think, understand their own and others’ worldviews, find and then evaluate information, create and analyze arguments, and communicate clearly, authentically, and diplomatically. We also think a liberal arts education is essential to becoming a global citizen in a world where future jobs have not yet been fully imagined.
- The mission of the Academy should be internalized by students as they leave our institution, and they should understand that it is their privilege and duty to do so with knowledge, conviction, and compassion.
- Some notable former students/alumni include: James Borrego (NBA coach), Kate Gallegos (Mayor of Phoenix), Notah Begay III (PGA golfer), Mira Jacob (novelist), Alex Bregman (MLB third baseman), David Eagleman (Neuroscientist, writer), and others.
Frequently Asked QuestionsHow much does Albuquerque Academy cost?
Albuquerque Academys tuition is approximately $26,176 for private students. Who are famous alumni from Albuquerque Academy?.
Famous graduates of Albuquerque Academy include: David Eagleman, 89; Kate Gallegos, 00; James Borrego, 96; Notah Begay III, 90; Mira Jacob, 91; Alex Bregman, 12; and Kate Gallegos. Does Albuquerque Academy offer a summer program?.
Yes, Albuquerque Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information. What sports does Albuquerque Academy offer?
Baseball, basketball, cross country, diving, flag football, football, golf, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track and field, volleyball, and wrestling are among the 14 interscholastic sports that Albuquerque Academy offers. Albuquerque Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in New Mexico for most sports offered What is Albuquerque Academys ranking?.
The application deadline for Albuquerque Academy is Dec. 8 / Feb. 1.
Related Schools Show me:People that viewed Albuquerque Academy also viewed these schools:
Add to Compare (20)
Add to Compare (5)
Endorse Albuquerque Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
I am a: Name or Alias: Your review:Endorse this school:
- Top Ranked NM School
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 1,183 students
- Yearly Tuition: $26,176
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 8 / Feb. 1
- Source: Verified school update
Request InformationEmail: Name of parent: Student first name: Student last name: Student date of birth: Student is:MaleFemale Currently in grade: Seeking entry for grade: Target start date: Please briefly describe academic, athletic, and extracurricular interests of the student: Home address: City: Country: State: Zip: (enter “N/A” if not applicable)Phone:
Albuquerque Academy Campus Tour
Is Albuquerque Academy a good school?
Albuquerque Academy is an excellent college preparatory school. Despite being extremely competitive, it offers students a variety of services including study hall programs, approachable and enthusiastic teachers, and quality counseling services.
How much does Albuquerque Academy cost?
The cost of tuition for the 2022–23 academic year is $26,176, which covers lunch and the majority of extracurricular activities. For grades 8 through 12, it does not include the price of some textbooks, store incidentals, or laptops. Early Decision Applications (Grade 6 Only) Deadline: December 8, 2022
How much do Albuquerque Academy teachers make?
Salary Information at Albuquerque AcademyJob TitleSalaryTeacher salaries: 5 reported salaries totaling $57,804/yearCamp counselor salaries: 3 reported salaries totaling $34,309/yearStudent Teacher salaries: 2 reported salaries totaling $45,574/yearIntern salaries: 2 reported salaries totaling $42,565/year
Where does Albuquerque Academy rank?
ABQ school ranked fifth-best private high school in U. S. According to BestColleges, Albuquerque Academy is among the top five private high schools in the country. com.